WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all do it when buying one? Do you pick out a few and then narrow it down. Do you come on here and get other people's opinion, try them on, do researh on them or all of the above.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I kinda started by chance. I worked for a jewelry store for a while and started buying with an employee discount. I continued off and on for years buying pieces randomly from watch shops, estate sales, etc... UNTIL, the internet. I like vintage and new alike and currently have 40+ watches, ranging from the late 1800's 'till 2006. I personally now look for chronographs & dive watches. The price range of my watches range from a low of $26 to high of about $5000. Trust me, if I could spend more, I would!

:oops: Guess what, I just read your post again and realize I completely answered a question that you didn't ask.

I usually don't ask for other people's opinions on my purchases. They're not wearing the watch, I am! (The only time I have asked for an opinion, is to verify authenticity. The Forums here are great for that kind of feedback.):-!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts