WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the info I have about the companies behind the watches I like I've gathered online from corporate web sites and online forums like this one. However, this is a pretty piecemeal way of finding this info. What good resources do you know of for finding the details of things like corporate ownership, production volume, factory locations, movement sources, etc. for various watch brands?

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
if you have noticed, that is the big secret in the watch industry. you won't ever find where parts are sourced or who makes the parts or real company history.

S

·
0 Posts
reading, reading, reading and once more reading. FHS and Europastar are good sources for sure, watch magazines are also a good source.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep on the lookout for the print periodicals you've mentioned. I take it that reliable online resources are hard to come by?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
if you have noticed, that is the big secret in the watch industry. you won't ever find where parts are sourced or who makes the parts or real company history.
Indeed so. And the same goes for the auto industry, the aerospace industry, defence, white goods, electronics, computers, mobile phones, etc. etc. etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts