WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we all know that this place is a great resource for learning about watches specifically.

But is there anywhere, where you can browse past and present watches of multiple manufacturers?

Like a wiki, just for watches? I've googled, but nothing obvious came up.

There isn't any particular watch I want to learn more about though, because what I'm looking for I probably don't know the model number of, if I'm looking for anything at all, I just want to browse watches and learn about them, it seems that the manufacturers are always hiding thier past models, at least from my experience.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
There are paneraisource,breitlingsource and rolexsource if I remember correctly..that's a good site to begin your exploration..

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
buy this book for Omega.

Even though that is an official Omega book, it isn't complete because of the uncatalogued watches that were sold in specific markets.

Calibre11 is working on collecting and documenting TAGHeuer Catalogues but again, even that won't be complete as some special editions, special market specific editions and outlet editions don't always feature in catalogues.
Between them and OnTheDash, you have a pretty good idea of a lot of Heuer and TAGHeuer watches. Like Calibre11, OnTheDash has a collection of Heuer Catalogues from the 50s-60s-70s focussing on chronographs.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,698 Posts
There is not a single searchable database of watches by manufacturer. Imagine how large the product of number of companies in existence over 100 years times the number of watch models over one hundred years. As mentioned there are a few brand specific books and websites but those are not going to be complete. Some dealers like Gisbert Joseph have an interesting array of vintage watches to browse through. Ebay can over time have a reasonable distribution of watch models. I guess wbat I am saying is.it will take a lot of reading and perusing to become acquainted with the products from one company.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, some good starts, I'm just amazed one doesn't yet exist, I'd think someone would've just create one by now.

It would be small at first, but just like wikipedia the articles themselves are less important than the pointers and sources of those pointers, so I think it'd be a great thing to happen.

·
Premium Member
38,867 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey Citizen V and Mike, both good suggestions.
watchtime.com seems to have more content at the moment, but I can see that watch-wiki.org could eventually become the online encyclopedia for watches - we just need to contribute more to it. Oh, the only other problem, is I can only seem to see the main page in english, after that it translates back to German, but I'm sure that's an easy fix.

watch-wiki.org has a extremely good structure in place, just with no content, so EDIT: I've signed up and I'll have a go at adding articles, starting with my watches under here.

Kategorie:Uhrenmodelle Citizen

1 of 3 of my watches is on watchtime.com, but worst of all the facts are incorrect! :S :( . I'll see if I can make changes to it, and/or cite references back to other pages with data on the watch.

My JR3080-51L

Citizen | Eco-Drive Blue Angels Skyhawk | Steel | Watch database watchtime.com

Brand:Citizen
Collection:Eco-Drive
Model:Eco-Drive Blue Angels Skyhawk
Reference:JR3080-51L
Casematerial:Steel
Caseshape:Round
Diameter:48.00 mm
Thickness:15.00 mm
Weight:-
Waterproof:10 bar / 100 m
Movement:Quartz
Caliber:C650
Basecaliber:C650
Solar:Yes
Glass:Mineral glass
- anti-glare:Yes
Strapmaterial:Metal
Price:$ 475
Price date:01/2009
COMPLICATIONS
Chronograph:Yes
Rattrapante:No ???
Flyback:No ???
Repetition:No ???
Alarm:No
Timezone:Yes
Moonphase:No
Perpetual calender:No
Tourbillon:No
Power reserve:No
Date:Yes

Couldn't find any obvious edit buttons... Could contact the site I suppose, not a great place for people to upload correct data though it seems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts