WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The really useful site for scanning and searching watch forums recently closed. I preferred this simple and quick site over the others, so got the source code for the site and have set up a fresh site for it to run on:

Elite Deal Seeker: Phase 2 - WatchDealSeeker

It works in exactly the same way as before, (plus I've had a clean up).

If there are any public watch sales forums you think are worthwhile putting on then please PM me or email: [email protected]

WatchUSeek Forums are also moved to the top ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Bookmarked! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great thanks!

One thing though, I was doing a search on it and it wouldn't go more than 16 hours out?

Buzz

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Nice! Like the colors better than EDS. Thoughts:

1) You are picking up some stickies posted in sales forum boards.
2) Instead of blue, have you thought about different colors for different forums?
3) I suggest you put a small icon at the far left of every listing, which upon mouseover will bring up the first pic in the sales listing. Many times I know what the watch looks like, but often not.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm starting to think I am at the wrong site?

Mine is black and white with nothing being shown besides stuff from 23 hours ago?

Buzz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments. The reason why stuff was only rolling back a few hours or not displaying correctly is because the site started from scratch on Sunday - So it had no information to hand prior to that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update on this site... There was an error but I seemed to have fixed this and it is starting to feed in new adverts. Once it has indexed all new posts it should be fully operational in 3-4 days time!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Good site, thanks for creating it.

One thing I would love to see is a 'saved search' facility. That way I could enter the watch brand/model I am looking for and be emailed when there are matches.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I was sad when they closed the original site and it's nice to see this back and running!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hats off on your work. Would love to see an alert system so that if watches come up against saved search terms, you get a notification.

·
Registered
476 Posts
This site is going to be the death of my bank account. LOL

I notice I get a fairly decent amount of "page not found", however, even on the first page of the website. Any particular reason?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
This site is going to be the death of my bank account. LOL

I notice I get a fairly decent amount of "page not found", however, even on the first page of the website. Any particular reason?
Having the same issue. What happens with the page-not-found listings is that, in the search string, the "forums.watchuseek.com" is being replaced with "forums.watchu2000seek.com".

Another problem where the page is not found produces this message from the WUS system:
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Having the same issue. What happens with the page-not-found listings is that, in the search string, the "forums.watchuseek.com" is being replaced with "forums.watchu2000seek.com".

Another problem where the page is not found produces this message from the WUS system:
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Yeah, I would understand if it was a listing WAY down the page that was old, BUT in this case it's often near the top. Still love the website, I just get bummed when I see a watch I'm really interested in, or might be interested in, but it says 404

1 - 20 of 21 Posts