WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound like a dumb question but I am new to watch assembly/dis-assembly. Somehow a piece of dirt got on the inside of my watch (prob from changing the battery) and now I can reach it. Once I get the case off the back, how do I remove the stem (that allows you to adjust the time) so I can take the movement out? The only thing left is the stem and I can not figure out how to remove it. Does it twist off somehow?>

:-s

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This might sound like a dumb question but I am new to watch assembly/dis-assembly. Somehow a piece of dirt got on the inside of my watch (prob from changing the battery) and now I can reach it. Once I get the case off the back, how do I remove the stem (that allows you to adjust the time) so I can take the movement out? The only thing left is the stem and I can not figure out how to remove it. Does it twist off somehow?>

Here are some pics of the watch. Sorry for the blurriness. The only thing holding the movement in the case is the one stem from the know. Im not sure how that is removed??

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the picture of the movement is too blur .... do post a clearer one

or if you can find any indication on the make/ model of the movement do let us know

heres some good general instructions
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool/WS 11 How to remove and replace a watch movement/WS 11 How to remove and replace a movt.htm

OK I opened up the case and found this movement: MIYOTA 0S10 MOVEMENT

Here is a link for the pictures. Can anyone help me?? I am looking everywhere but can't find out how to remove the stem!

https://www.watchmaterial.com/viewitem.asp?idProduct=88&priceRange=0x25

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Figured it out. thanks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts