WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Or like the Germans named it: "Inside Basel.Genf". And yours truly and his wife were invited.

This new watch event, organized by Ebner Verlag, publishers of Chronos, Uhren Magazine, Klassik Uhren, WatchTime and Top Class, was held yesterday at the Steigenberg Hotel in Dusseldorf, Germany. BMW Germany is a partner of the event. Outside the hotel they lingned up several new BMWs of which this one was my favorite by far:

Land vehicle Vehicle Luxury vehicle Car Personal luxury car

BMW 640i Gran Coupe

Each and everyone received a card from BMW and after subscribing one of us could win a ride in a BMW for two days, including a visit to Glashuette and a one night stay in a 5 star hotel. At this moment I do not know who won this cool prize.

The Event
As you can see from the image on top, we certainly weren't the only one to attend the dinner event. Many watch enthusiasts (I believe we were with 100-120 people) took the effort and the time to come to Dusseldorf and hear Mr. Gisbert Brunner talk about watches. Mr. Brunner is a renowned journalist and author and it was obvious he is very much "into the watch business". His knowledge about the history about the brands and their current position in the watch market is extraordinary.

Mr. Brunner talking about watches. On his left, Mr. Martin Metzger, host of the evening, taking pictures.

S C O O P: this watch will be launched on June 18th. We already got to see it. In this picture you will notice what will be inside. Stay tuned, more to come after June 18th....

The year of the Pilot. Zenith Pilot.

Before, during and after the event everyone could see the exhibited watches from Zenith, Corum, Chronoswiss, Carl F. Bucherer, Hublot and Montblanc. All the representatives of the brands were there to answer any questions the attendees might have. And of course a lot of their watches were held, studied and tried on.

My wife found a new love ...

And so did Robert-Jan Broer (Fratellowatches.com):

Host of the evening, Mr. Martin Metzger, succeeded to make everyone feel comfortable. I hereby want to thank him again for the invitation, the wonderful evening with great food and drinks, and the nice chats we had during the evening last night.

Next stops for the event is in Frankfurt and Munich. A limited number of tickets are still available and can be had through Uhren-News, Uhren-Datenbank und Uhren-Tests » Das Uhren Portal: Watchtime.net.

From left to right: my wife, young and talented entrepreneur Diederik, Robert-Jan Broer (checking his bank account online to find out if he has enough money to spend on that Zenith ;-))

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.