WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Orient Symphony (should be here the 30th!) and I am anal about keeping what I care about in pristine condition. Car's always waxed, phone goes straight into a case after purchase, you get the picture.

I know it isn't a $10k Rolex, but to keep the screen in flawless shape has anyone considered watch face protectors, like what people use on cell phone screens?
Watch crystal face protector from mytuffstuff.com - YouTube
Amazon.com: 6 Watch Crystal Face Protectors 28mm: Everything Else

Something like that. I'd only be worried about a tacky reflection. I figured if it works great protecting my phone and is basically invisible, why not use the same technology on my watch?

Discuss.

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Most people who are concerned about scratches on their watch crystals will choose to buy a watch with a sapphire crystal. Alternatively, on a watch with a flat mineral glass crystal, it's relatively cheap to replace it should it develop any significant scratches. Indeed, I've been able to perform a crystal swap myself, it just requires a crystal press, case remover, screwdriver, and a digital caliper.

·
Premium Member
63,991 Posts
I don't see why a phone screen protector shouldn't do the job. The only drawback that I can see is that the Tuffstuff is supplied in little discs whereas you would need to cut a screen protector to size.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Hi...Welcome.
Your watch has a face with a glass crystal.....Not a plastic screen....You don't need those screen protectors.
If plastic, maybe but not glass.....Good luck.

·
Registered
909 Posts
watch screen protectors - are a watch heresy!
get the sapphire crystal watch, that will do the job better than anything you can stick on your watch...
in fact stainless steel case, should be more of a concern to you, rather than the watch glass, because it scratches much more easily than a sapphire:)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
See - this is what I don't like about smartwatches - they will make people start treating watches like their cell phones. What's next? A silicone case to protect the metal? :)

Jokes aside, I think this is unnecessary. If people are concerned about scratching the crystal, they should get either a sapphire crystal watch or a plexi crystal that they can polish if it scratches. This kind of thing takes more away from the watch than it adds.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
watch screen protectors - are a watch heresy!
get the sapphire crystal watch, that will do the job better than anything you can stick on your watch...
in fact stainless steel case, should be more of a concern to you, rather than the watch glass, because it scratches much more easily than a sapphire:)
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Plus that watch is more or less a dress watch so it shouldn't be an issue keeping it scratch free, it isn't like mineral glass is super soft. I have a couple of beaters that have seen HARD use and although the mineral glass isn't pristine they have seen some VERY hard knocks. I have watches with plexi/hesalite crystals which are worn but have not seen hard use and they at a glance are pristine though upon examination they do have scratches but they can be polished out.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
picture pls
Positive ghost rider

My guess would be he's on film set and doesn't want to ding up his new PAM, that or he's just really love his PAM

Attachments

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Positive ghost rider

My guess would be he's on film set and doesn't want to ding up his new PAM, that or he's just really love his PAM
I am pretty sure Panerai meant those for protection IN the case not on the wrist. He should really take some medication for that OCD...oh never mind. o|

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Oh, boy! I almost regret having asked what's next!!! hahahahha.

Some of these products are absolutely bananas. So people get a nice, polished SS watch just to fill with up with these bubble-wrap protectors and make it look like a G-Shock in the end of the day - makes no sense to me.

At least these companies are making a buck and keeping the economy rolling.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The JLC Reverso has a screen protector...of sorts

1 - 20 of 27 Posts