Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the best watch a person can buy for £200
I do like dive watches I must admit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sapphire, inhouse movement, long hands and monster lume... Yes in my book :)
Second the Orient vote. Have owned a couple Makos and they are a big step above comparably priced Seikos IMHO. My MII USA keeps within a second a day. And fit and finish is excellent for the price.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Didn't think I could get that under £500. Wow that looks good enough to be a £1000
I agree Scurfa looks nice. Seems solidly built. And with sapphire crystal.

But movement is quartz. So I don't think it is worth £500. If you want quartz, seems a solid watch for £200.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sapphire, inhouse movement, long hands and monster lume... Yes in my book :)
Hmmmmm all valid points?! Now to consider the colours aftwards
Second the Orient vote. Have owned a couple Makos and they are a big step above comparably priced Seikos IMHO. My MII USA keeps within a second a day. And fit and finish is excellent for the price.
Sorry I thought makos are different watches i.e not orient

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Any San Martin diver.

Or Orient Kamasu if you value things like an in-house movement, original design, more established brand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmmmmm all valid points?! Now to consider the colours aftwards

Sorry I thought makos are different watches i.e not orient
I think there are a couple brands using that name, so that might be the cause of the confusion.

Orient doesn't make the Mako anymore but believe the Kamasu is the successor. And plenty of Makos out there on secondary market.

·
Premium Member
73,592 Posts
The Scurfa D1 is a bit outside your budget but if you can stretch it then it’s well worthwhile. If £200 is your absolute limit import a Casio MDV-106.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think there are a couple brands using that name, so that might be the cause of the confusion.

Orient doesn't make the Mako anymore but believe the Kamasu is the successor. And plenty of Makos out there on secondary market.
AAA ah ok thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Seiko Turtle.
Funky looks. Movement accuracy hit and miss, but Seiko watches and movement's longevity is legendary.
Can be had with a bit of searching for close to £200, certainly £250 from grey dealers.

After that Orient Triton or Kamasu. Scurfa quartz at that price

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Any San Martin diver.

Or Orient Kamasu if you value things like an in-house movement, original design, more established brand.
I would go for the Orient :-
Orient Kamasu Mens Automatic 200M Sapphire Crystal Watch RA-AA0002L19B Brand New
This one is going in a UK dealer for Just Under £150 right now, I have bought around three watches from this dealer no problemo!

If this one is not to your liking, then watch his site as his stock seems to change quite frequently!

Best of luck
Jim

1 - 20 of 35 Posts