1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest having a look at some Seiko 5 offerings! Wide variety of designs, and they represent an excellent value: Some of the finest watches you can get for under $200, or even under $100 in many cases.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest having a look at some Seiko 5 offerings! Wide variety of designs, and they represent an excellent value: Some of the finest watches you can get for under $200, or even under $100 in many cases.
I agree with the Seiko 5 recommendation in addition to the Orient you're looking at. Both represent great value in my book.

BTW, Orient is now part of the Seiko Holding Company that operates Seiko Time Company, but Orient operates independently from Seiko, meaning they use their own movements and designs.

There are many variations of Orients and Seiko 5's that meet your budget and will be fun to wear, and will wear well, meaning keep good time and hold up to daily use.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As a 23 year old student, I would say you are on the right track! Look at Orient, Seiko within that budget

possibly low end swiss/german brands if you want to save up a little (Hamilton, Tissot, Steinhart etc.)

Keep it up and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Can you tell me where to get the best price for seiko 5s so that I can compare them with Orients. I am really bummed out that that model is not in stock for at least 2 months now(I have looked everywhere).

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Islandwatch.com is a sponsor here. They have a decent selection. Amazon has a ton (or tonne, depending on where you live) of watches. Those are the usual suspects for me.

Discountwatchstore.com
Jomashop.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your replies! I have narrowed down my choices to two now. Basically they are from the same series as my initial pick. It's Orient ET0N001B field style watch with a black colored dial, 24-hour sub-dial, day dial, date window, luminous hands and hour markers, offset crown, stainless steel bracelet and an Orient made 21-jewel automatic movement and Orient Defender Uhr Automatik Herrenuhr WR 100 M FET0N003Y0 FET0N001B0 | eBay (5th picture) but I am leaning towards the leather one because I have had a citizen metal before and a resin band gshocks so i would like to try a leather one too but damn I also like the style of the metal orient. I have to do more thinking before making a purchase(sigh)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts