WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So my 5 year wedding anniversary is approaching in August and my wife wanted to get me a watch for this special occasion. So I wanted to find out if anyone can give their input as to what watch would be a good fit? Budget is about £4k to £5k

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
12,446 Posts
So many options! What Watches do you currently own?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I would say any watch that you enjoy looking at and enjoy wearing. I don't think it has to be any certain style or brand. That budget will give you alot of latitude. It doesn't necessarily have to be something you wear everyday either. My wife got me a Rolex OP for our 20th, and while it is one of my most comfortable watches I don't wear it everyday, but when I do it's a joy.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
The traditional gifts for 5 years are made of wood. Metal is silver. Colors are blue, pink. Gemstone is sapphire.

I don't know of a wooden watch that is anywhere near what she wants to spend, silver watches are also quite rare,but the colors should be easy, and we can stretch the sapphire meaning to the crystal so that's almost automatic.

A few that come to my mind:
An AT with it's "teak wood" concept dial, in blue.

The Ballon Blue from Cartier. Blue hands, silver dial, and a blue sapphire on the crown.

Also, should you vacation somewhere in celebration of the event, you could buy one where ever you go. That would also add some meaning to the watch's significance.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No Date sub c is just out of budget for you but a great watch. Do you like the speedmaster? Your so lucky to get a gift like that for your 5 year mark. I'm married one year and I've already planned the seed with my wife I want a luxury watch on the 10 year

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
What about a Super Avenger?
Is this like jeopardy where the answer comes first?

"I want a watch to celebrate a special anniversary but it can't be a timeless design or anything that will age even remotely well. It also has to be so big that each chronograph subdial is the size of a normal watch face. Bonus points if it's so shiny and gaudy that raccoons flock to me like Snow White on a sunny day."

·
Registered
714 Posts
My wife knows better than to buy me a watch...

That said, since the watch is going to be representative of a particular occasion, you should definitely help us out and give us some ideas regarding which styles interest you. It's a hard thing for me to do personally, but forget about resale value since the intention with something like this is to keep long term. Because of that, I'd consider some brands like Jaeger LeCoultre, IWC, Cartier, Breitling, Glashutte Original, Nomos... something other than a traditional Rolex or Omega.

·
Registered
12,446 Posts

Reactions: Armidoro

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Hi All,

So my 5 year wedding anniversary is approaching in August and my wife wanted to get me a watch for this special occasion. So I wanted to find out if anyone can give their input as to what watch would be a good fit? Budget is about £4k to £5k

Thanks for your help!!
Armidoro- congrats on the anniversary, that's great!
Now can you have your wife talk with my wife?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!! Really appreciate it!

I think I will see what Baselworld brings and then decide, but I think I will maybe go for a watch that I can wear everyday too. Never had a JLC or Rolex so might go for one of those or maybe a classic Panerai because we got married in Italy and she loved Florence!

Decisions decisions.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts