WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, I am big fan of this forum!

I am going to buy a watch for my dad and I need some suggestions. He want some big analog display, with numbers and leather strap(I was talking with him but didnt tell him that I am going to buy)... I have budget aroun 150 doll. I was looking on ebay and found this

Orient Esteem 21 Jewel Automatic Dress Watch with Open Heart FDB08005W | eBay

I am not sure is thit the right subforum, but if is not please remove this threat to the right one! Ok guys, please help!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
... please remove this threat to the right one ....
Please, no threats on the threads. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Orient and Seiko both make good watches in your range. I'm wondering though, if that "open heart" design is what he'd like. Some like the look, some really hate it. At your price range you might also consider quartz. More bang for the buck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he would not like that open heart..He likes a simple watch just with dilas, numbers and maybe date! But this orient is only that i found in that category, thats why I need a help...

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
An Orient dress watch is definitely the way to go for your budget.

I do think that there are some nicer Orient dress watches though rather than the one you have mentioned above. Look for one with a Gullioche textured dial if you can, I think open heart watches are a bit 'take it or leave it' for some people. I'm not sure what the model number of this watch is, but it has the sort of look I'd be aiming for -

Orient gullioche.jpg

(Picture from a WUS member via internet search).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShaggyDog look above to my post..Only simple watches! :)))
but also thanks! I think this orient I am going to buy for me!LOL

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm going to second the suggestion for Citizen or Seiko. With a quartz watch you'll get a better watch in that price range, and unless your dad is a "watch guy" and specifically wants mechanical, quartz is usually the better option. Less maintenance, more durable; it's always ready to go even if they haven't worn it for a few days (especially if it's solar powered).

If he does want a mechanical, check out a Sieko 5 (maybe the snzg series).

Citizen BM7090-51A

Citizen AO9000-06B

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that seiko and first Citizen are awesome and thing that I am looking for!!
One question: can I order it with leather strap? Are they aviliable with leath.strap??
thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Buy one you'd like to inherit some day! :-d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts