WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Watch for kid with strong lume

6K views 36 replies 32 participants last post by  TraserH3 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a watch with strong superluminova lume intended for a 7 year old kid? Looking for a kids watch that isn't junk, which also has great lume.

Thanks!

-Freq

#3 ·
I've never seen such a thing and I have two kids I occasionally look for watches for. Also, a typical 7-year old's wrist is pretty tiny. Honestly you're not going to find much that's above a toy in that range. A tough Baby-G might be your best bet, but of course, digital and not analog as your call for Superluminova suggests you want.

#7 ·
I picked my son up a Seiko Nano field watch that has a lume dial. Lumibrite (SCXP157).

#18 ·
Funny, I was just coming in to ask something similar. My almost 7 year old is a budding watch enthusiast, he has a "lego batman" watch he likes, but doesn't wear it much because it's a little fragile and has poor water resistance. He's always enamored with my "water watch" (I have a 300m Deep Blue Master and an analog G-Shock that I'll wear in our pool, at the beach etc).
I've been searching for kid's dive watches and come up dry. Timex kid's watches are too toylike, as are most kids watches.

Some watch brand is missing out on a way to get kids hooked young!

#23 ·
I suppose I should have been more descriptive - kid likes to fall asleep by staring at the second hand of automatic watches that have bright, long lasting (ie. highly visible in the dark) lume. Indiglo, or pressing a button for a light like a baby g wouldn't really work.

It's too bad no one makes a decent automatic for young kids. I see microbrands offering some pretty well built watches with good lume for reasonable prices these days. Wouldn't be a stretch to make a 34mm case with a seiko movement in it for the young ones.

-Freq

#24 ·
I went overboard and got my boys one of these:

At 38-39mm they are not ridiculously big, not larger than the gizmos kids are wearing these days. My kids love them and wear them everywhere. They are decent quality so I expect them to have these at least until high school, if not longer.
100m WR and tritium hands but the seconds hand is not lumed and they are quartz.

#35 ·
What about Lorus watches? Aren't they part of the seiko group? Not sure if they also use Lumibrite but theres some kid options.
100 M WR to boot.

Those are interesting....I wonder if they all feature lumibrite or only if its listed as such?

#27 ·
I would think any ladies dive watch would work for a small wrist. This Citizen EP6051 for example is reasonably priced below $100:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

It's quartz so the seconds hand will go tick-tick. I think the Seiko SNK suggestion by SPMc is a good one for a mechanical second sweep, far nicer to look at and fall asleep:)

Reactions: Sir-Guy
#30 ·
Give your kid a G-Shock eventually, I wore one for most of my childhood and honestly not sure if any other watch would've survived the kinds of things I did to it. Since I knew it was strong, I'd throw it at walls just to see what would happen (nothing, of course). I still have it lying around, long-since dead since I never changed the batteries, but it really did a great job and never had to leave my wrist (kids can lose things very easily!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.