WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a mechanical handwound or automatic watch for my wife. She has a small 6-3/4" wrist. Somthing less than 35mm in diameter. Looking to spend around $500 or less.

She likes a simple watch with no jewelry or decorations.

What are some other options?

·
Registered
441 Posts
My wife snatched my black dialed Gagarin reissue and she loves it. Unfortunately I have only pics of my white one but the diameter is 33mm.

Regards
Erik

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,306 Posts
I like this one...

Phil
The Vostok auto may be a bit hefty for some wrists, but it's nicely proportioned.

I agree with Zhang re the Chaika Red Star for something distinctive, and the newer ones look even better with the sword hands.

It's a shame that Mrs Bishop is not into jewellery or decoration because there are so many fantastic jewelled, painted enamel, filligreed, amber encrusted possibilities from Chaika, Luch and Zarja.

However for simple watches, my wife wears her little Vostok almost everywhere. The older, smaller Poljot alarms are a good choice, too.

For something more dressy, but simple, try ebay for vintage Luch calibre 2209 and the like, particularly the thin-cased versions and the square case. Also the old Slava 2414 thin square case on mesh is very elegant and practical.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts