WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my two year old daughter has recently taken an interest in that shiny thing on my wrist. Right away, I began looking at options for toddler watches.

Anyone here have a young child with their own watch? Any recommendations for someone so young? Maybe 2 is still too young, but I know she'd be thrilled to be just like daddy and to be honest, I'd love it as well :D

Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, it won't be spendy. We're talking under $20

·
Premium Member
22,560 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm... Flik Flak is interesting... Definite possibility.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
My 2 year old has a Casio Illuminator I gave him, was about $10 at Wally World. I bought it one day when I realized I forgot my watch when traveling out of town and wouldn't be home for a few days, can't have a naked wrist....

He likes pushing the light button and seeing what happens, I just keep it sized large and when he wants to wear it he grabs it out of his toy box and slips it on his wrist, and always makes sure to show me that it's working. Gotta start 'em young!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
When you said bright and shiny, my first thought was Hublot. Then I saw your budget.

-hayday

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Strangely, I kept my Mickey Mouse disney watch my father gave me as a child.. sold it recently for $300 since it was a "rare" apparently edition and sought-after..

Albeit, I broke several of the other watches my parents gave me before that one :) so yes, make sure it's durable and cheap.. kids don't care about having the nicest things which is what is great. Just functional and they like it.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
I got my kid this watch, fit my budget. The pen was around $2.00

swatch-watch-kid-small-41099.jpg

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
So my two year old daughter has recently taken an interest in that shiny thing on my wrist. Right away, I began looking at options for toddler watches.

Anyone here have a young child with their own watch? Any recommendations for someone so young? Maybe 2 is still too young, but I know she'd be thrilled to be just like daddy and to be honest, I'd love it as well :D

Thoughts?

I can really relate to this situation. My almost 3 yo boy has been poking at my PO 8500 for a while now...he always likes to touch it.

Somewhere along the line my wife got him a plastic watch with big face, which isn't actually a watch ...it doesn't tell time, but it looks like one and has some sort of Japanese anime action man's face printed on the dial. It's got some plastic arrow thing that slots in and out of the dial, so my boy feels like an action hero and he often points at it and points at my PO and he's happy that we're both crime fighters! That's all that matter! :) |>

My advice is to go to K-Mart or similar store and get a themed plastic toy watch...see what she likes. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
You can't go wrong with Swatch or Casio Baby-G for the youngest. They come in all sorts of funky colors and shapes.

There is one nice alternative as well, Casio Futurist models:
FUTURIST - Watches - CASIO

They come in a lot of funky colors, with colored screen, rather tiny case that looks quite futuristic and with metal bracelets. So, funky and shiny at the same time. Maybe she won't like it, but it's certainly worth checking out.

Or PopTone:
POPTONE - Watches - CASIO

Just as funky but without metal bracelets (apart from 2 models)...

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,635 Posts
Flik-Flak would have been my advice as well. Do not know if they are colorfast but the should be. Not sure they aim at 2yrs. toddlers.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Echoing the above - 2 feels a bit young for a watch. If you -do- go for it, remember to consider teething. That watch is first in line for slobbery gum action.

·
Registered
731 Posts
When I did my communion I got a flikflak, ok I was older than 2 but u can't go wrong, I had one with the arms and fingers being the pointers

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
My daugther has a Flik Flak...She is 3 yo now...but was a gift from an AD when she was 2 something yo...

it has an ETA movement...lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts