WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking, with more than 50% of Swiss watches ending up in Asia, mainly China, there has to be some watch forums as well right ? I was asking Google about it but there seems to be little clue about it.

So, which is the biggest online meeting place for folks in China talking about watches ? :think:

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was just thinking, with more than 50% of Swiss watches ending up in Asia, mainly China, there has to be some watch forums as well right ? I was asking Google about it but there seems to be little clue about it.

So, which is the biggest online meeting place for folks in China talking about watches ? :think:

View attachment 1535209
Since you are looking for chinese forums, I assume you can read mandarin? So why not use a chinese search engine?? Maybe chinese millionaire`s are not that internet addicted.

Maybe the government isn`t that keen on its citizens showing off their fancy(expensive) watches.

There are tons of autoclubs in China, but not on the net???

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Maybe the government isn`t that keen on its citizens showing off their fancy(expensive) watches.

There are tons of autoclubs in China, but not on the net???
....:think: Shhhhhh...Always watching...:roll:

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
China (especially mainland Chinese) are a different breed. Many of the rich who buy watches aren't buying for a hobby in a sense. Many of them, first off, go to HK or the US. Second, when they buy, they BUY. They will buy 5,10,20 watches for their colleagues (though now not as much) and family. They are gifts. That's where the huge number is from. I've lived in HK for a bit and even the local AD here in the states are seeing the same thing. But also, like it was noted above, access to "their internet" is a bit more limited than in the "outside" world. Especially from an English geared search engine.

As to Mandarin, the Chinese written language as a whole is the same. The spoken language is different. A Cantonese speaker can read what a Mandarin speaker wrote, but not what they say.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
China (especially mainland Chinese) are a different breed. Many of the rich who buy watches aren't buying for a hobby in a sense. Many of them, first off, go to HK or the US. Second, when they buy, they BUY. They will buy 5,10,20 watches for their colleagues (though now not as much) and family. They are gifts. That's where the huge number is from. I've lived in HK for a bit and even the local AD here in the states are seeing the same thing. But also, like it was noted above, access to "their internet" is a bit more limited than in the "outside" world. Especially from an English geared search engine.

As to Mandarin, the Chinese written language as a whole is the same. The spoken language is different. A Cantonese speaker can read what a Mandarin speaker wrote, but not what they say.
Yep just to show off their riches.
You can tell the differences between rich mainlanders and rich overseas chinese(so called "turtles").

I wanted to sell my Brother in law my Corum Classical Grande date(at that time Brandnew). He didn`t know what a "Corum" was. Only when he knew how much money he was saving, I already had it on my wrist.

There are sophiscated ones nowadays though.

·
Registered
772 Posts
www.iwatch365.net/forum

Enjoy b-)

Among the top three watch forums analyzed, Chinese platform iWatch365 captures the lion’s share with 49 per cent of the 95 million total forum posts views, closely followed by pioneer TimeZone (45 per cent) and PuristSPro (6 per cent)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Don't misunderstand that oft cited statistic.
Hong Kong is one of the key points of entry for that side of world. Those figures give no indication how many are for sale in Hong Kong and China and how many move on to different countries.

·
Registered
19,876 Posts

There are a lot of hobbies forums for Chinese speaking people, cars, watches, boats, even airplanes... but believe me, none of those places will make you feel good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts