WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am fairly new here and have come across a watch that I have never heard of and couldn’t google much information on.

So I thought why not ask the best watch experts!!

Reason for my question is that another local seller said he would throw this watch in to complete a trade for my citizen ecodrive.

Here is a photo of the watch

Any bit of info would be awesome!! Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
It's hard to say much without a look at the movement, but it appears to be a re-dial and it's not a well-known brand, so I can't imagine that it would have much value. I doubt I would want to invest the cost of a service. However, if it appeals to you, and it's running, then go ahead and take it.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,982 Posts
With only "Antimagnetic" on the dial, it may well have a cheap pin lever movement inside. Which are quite fun to have (if running) but you can get them a dime a dozen on fleabay so they are not valuable. In the end, you might be doing him a favour relieving him of it rather than the deal working the other way round.

My verdict: peek at movement, otherwise no way!

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Reason for my question is that another local seller said he would throw this watch in to complete a trade for my citizen ecodrive.

So I am missing the advantage to throwing this into the deal. Is he trying to make up $10 he is short of in the deal? I agree that it is most likely a pin lever. The case will be chrome plated. Looks like the plating is in good shape. I am figuring it is working otherwise there would be no advantage to offering it as part of a trade. It will not have high value but if it helps seal the deal because you like it....then that is up to you.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's hard to say much without a look at the movement, but it appears to be a re-dial and it's not a well-known brand, so I can't imagine that it would have much value. I doubt I would want to invest the cost of a service. However, if it appeals to you, and it's running, then go ahead and take it.
Thanks for your input! Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I am missing the advantage to throwing this into the deal. Is he trying to make up $10 he is short of in the deal? I agree that it is most likely a pin lever. The case will be chrome plated. Looks like the plating is in good shape. I am figuring it is working otherwise there would be no advantage to offering it as part of a trade. It will not have high value but if it helps seal the deal because you like it....then that is up to you.
First off thanks for your input! Local seller wants to trade a used Oriental Bambino and this piece for a LNIB citizen Eco Drive.

Piece works from when I saw it. It did make a lot of nosies hand winding it which was my hesitation and the conclusion I had was that it may need servicing. But from the input I got here it may cost more to service than it really is and don’t see it as a fair trade for a used Bambino.

·
Registered
685 Posts
With only "Antimagnetic" on the dial, it may well have a cheap pin lever movement inside. Which are quite fun to have (if running) but you can get them a dime a dozen on fleabay so they are not valuable. In the end, you might be doing him a favour relieving him of it rather than the deal working the other way round.

My verdict: peek at movement, otherwise no way!

Hartmut Richter

Thank you so much for this I for Hartmut Richter!! I’m thinking this would cost more on my end to service

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As surmised above, almost certainly a pin lever movement and there is one being offered on fleabay at the moment for a BiN price of $8.95, albeit with a different style of wordmark from "yours": https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hanover-Mens-Watch-Wind-Up-Parts-Repair-Runs-/273105758946. Mikrolisk has one potential Swiss maker for the Hanover brand: Google Translate

I suspect the local seller is not "throwing in" very much at all.

Regards.
Greatly appreciate this info Balaton!!! Yeah not much in my favor for a throw in at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts