WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Watch isn't working! Any ideas?

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  dgoldwatch 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello - hoping you all can diagnose an issue I am having with a modern Seamaster Professional (~10 years old).

It started a few weeks ago when I noticed the time was incorrect by 90 minutes or so, when I'd check it in the morning. I have a pretty consistent schedule for my watches, where I wear or wind them every AM so it's rare that the watch simply winds down.

I thought I was losing my mind, and forgetting to wind the watch or something... until tonight. I put it on (it was ticking and the time was correct) and 2 hours later I look down and it's not ticking.

When I manually wind the crown, it sounds/feels normal, but if I put my ear to the watch I hear a slight 'click' half a second after I stop winding the crown, every time I try it. Any ideas? It's running now, but I am nervous that hand-winding it is doing some damage.

Yes I can take it into Omega, just curious what you all think.
FYI I did get it serviced by Omega in April of last year (not sure if there's a warranty on their services, but of course haven't been able to go see them during Covid)

See less See more
#2 ·
A click after winding and short PR could be a broken mainspring. Able to wind / wear and generate some power, but dies shortly thereafter?

This is a complete guess however - I’d advise taking it in for diagnosis & service. After ten years, it deserves it regardless!

I’d also advise not hand winding or wearing it until you have it repaired to avoid any further damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Hello - hoping you all can diagnose an issue I am having with a modern Seamaster Professional (~10 years old).

It started a few weeks ago when I noticed the time was incorrect by 90 minutes or so, when I'd check it in the morning. I have a pretty consistent schedule for my watches, where I wear or wind them every AM so it's rare that the watch simply winds down.

I thought I was losing my mind, and forgetting to wind the watch or something... until tonight. I put it on (it was ticking and the time was correct) and 2 hours later I look down and it's not ticking.

When I manually wind the crown, it sounds/feels normal, but if I put my ear to the watch I hear a slight 'click' half a second after I stop winding the crown, every time I try it. Any ideas? It's running now, but I am nervous that hand-winding it is doing some damage.

Yes I can take it into Omega, just curious what you all think.
FYI I did get it serviced by Omega in April of last year (not sure if there's a warranty on their services, but of course haven't been able to go see them during Covid)
2 years warranty on that service. Take it in asap and best wishes bro. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
2 years warranty on that service. Take it in asap and best wishes bro.
Thanks RMerc for confirming the 2-year warranty. That was the catalyst to get me into the Omega Boutique this weekend.

They didn't take any guesses as to what is wrong with the watch - it will be sent back out and no real ETA when it will be back, either ("due to COVID")

I did ask if they would provide an update on what's wrong, and the Service Tech seemed to say "no" they just provide a code for the work they do... Which may or may not be enough to tell me what actually broke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.