WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g10 cwc fogs up when I sweat. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your body heat is warming up the watch causing condensation on the inside. This can only mean that there is a leak somewhere allowing moisture to get in, either near the crown or the crystal. I would recommend taking it to a professional as only they will be able to completely dehumidify the watch and perhaps fix the leak.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Water tight integrity compromise. . Gasket is faulty, backscrew case not tight or crystal does not seat properly. If you dump the watch into a bucket of water, I am sure water will leak in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can try to put it in a bag filled with rice and leave it in there for a day or 2. Leave the crown in open position to allow the humidity to leave the watch. Maybe everything is fine and this moisture is in there from the start. Worth a try...

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
You can try to put it in a bag filled with rice and leave it in there for a day or 2. Leave the crown in open position to allow the humidity to leave the watch. Maybe everything is fine and this moisture is in there from the start. Worth a try...
Like to add....That's raw(uncooked rice)....Just thought it wise to clarify that...;-)

Reactions: sticky and Donf

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
My g10 cwc fogs up when I sweat. Does anybody have a solution for this? Thank you

If you leave it outside in the sun with the crown in the out position the inside moisture will evaporate. Water is getting inside via the case back, crown (stem,tube), or crystal. Time for a service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's advice. Il put it in rice out in the sun. Two tips in one lol. Thanks a lot guys. Il update in a day or two and let u know how it went.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Your problem is not the moisture that is IN your watch. It's that moisture has (is, and will continue to) gotten in there. There is a seal problem. Sun will warm it up but won't remove it from the inside (warm moisture is worse than cold moisture BTW). Rice (or preferably silica gel) is OK if the back is open but to expect all the moisture to be eliminated this way is wishful thinking - the time required is very long. Putting the watch in a vacuum will remove it faster but then it will get right back in.

But how to remove it is rather moot anyway. Besides the already mentioned fact that it will recur, there is a very real probability that lubricants have been displaced, dust has gotten in, and corrosion has started it evil work. Certainly a quartz movement has a bit more leeway than a mechanical but it is not indestructible.

Sadly, I speak from experience in this matter.

Take it to the watch doctor for a service, specify new seals AND have him test it afterwards.

·
Registered
31,441 Posts
Your problem is not the moisture that is IN your watch. It's that moisture has (is, and will continue to) gotten in there. There is a seal problem.
+1

·
Premium Member
65,013 Posts
It sounds like a seal issue. But regardless of the cause it may well be worthwhile having a watchmaker look at it in case any of the moisture has settled on the movement and caused rust to form. If you do decide on a DIY approach first though I would stick it in a sealed jar of dry rice for several days with the stem unscrewed and give the Sun a miss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts