WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently been coming to site more and more for general info, insight and possible purchases. What I realized is the array of acronyms. Being in and around the military I know the use for them and they come be easy at times to figure them out without having much knowledge of what they are referring too.

One thing I noticed here is a different ones. I picked up on most. BNIB, LNIB, WTS, WTT etc. I guess I'm wondering or asking is there a basic language all watch hobbiest go by or are they kind of just adapted too and what are some more common ones used.?

Asking for that general knowledge and so i read posts correctly lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
OP, you will want to brush up on Minty and Rare, also Extremely Rare.

Reactions: ilitig8

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Brad’s post served to remind me just how much watch related trivia I know.
Once in awhile I realize how many reference numbers I have stored somewhere in my brain. I can be having a conversation online or IRL with another watch geek and realize we haven't used a single watch name just a bunch of numbers. Thinking back to when I was a noob it was like people were speaking a foreign language.

There was a Tshirt sold on John Reardon's Patek site that simply has the numbers 1518 2499 3970 5970 and 5270 which mean nothing to most but a lot to a Patek nut. I actually think the Tshirt originally was going to have the numbers and then the line that went something like "If you don't know what these mean just buy a Rolex". If I remember the story correctly there was some backlash (Patek and Rolex collectors have a big overlap in the Venn) and it was changed to the numbers only. I really wanted one with the text... I would dearly love to troll Rolex ADs with one.

Reactions: watchcrank_tx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know in most ways language is pretty organic. So now that I'm on here more often hopefully I'll pick up quicker and be here for the new ones lol.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
Funny, just on Page 1 of Public I found these:

-WRUW
-BB58
-Chrono
-GADA
-Trench
-SARB

Reactions: watchcrank_tx
1 - 15 of 15 Posts