WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts
I think I'll add one...

51. My G-Shocks have great sentimental value which encourages me to buy a 'beater' model to protect them...

...until that model becomes sentimental 5 minutes after purchase and another 'beater' must be obtained. :-(

With only slight revisions, could be posted on audio, gun, automobile, lighter, pen and various other forums (Fori?)(Fora?) How the hell do you decline forum? Brilliant and very versatile list. Thanks, I am passing it along to 3000 of my close friends.Regards, Dr. Dozier sends

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Thank you.

I really didn't know how it would be received. I thought it might be too 'English' somehow - that the oblique logic and humour might not come across properly to people who didn't have English as a first language.

Seems to have worked out OK. :)

Thank you.

I really didn't know how it would be received. I thought it might be too 'English' somehow - that the oblique logic and humour might not come across properly to people who didn't have English as a first language.

Seems to have worked out OK. :)
No problem at all.

There are no frontiers for good writing such as yours. :-!

What a great post. But fortunately it is not talking about me...I mean it is only 70% correct.:-d

Discussion starter · #50 ·
I accidentally discovered that it has migrated to other watch forums - a couple of which I'd never heard of.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
That's great, Tribe! Could you post the links? :-!
TZ-UK was the first place I saw it, then SCWF. Intrigued, I Googled it and found it at The Watch Forum (a new one to me). I'm pretty sure there was one other but I can't remember it.

TZ-UK was the first place I saw it, then SCWF. Intrigued, I Googled it and found it at The Watch Forum (a new one to me). I'm pretty sure there was one other but I can't remember it.
We told you when you posted this that this will become classic... you would not beleve us... :-d:-!

I know some people in that list lol.
Myself, well, I have to have a dress watch. And a work watch, and a backup to the work watch in case I break it in a far away place, and I can't send it out for repair. And a backup to the dress watch, cuz I wore it too many times, and she got scratched up, turning it into an 'everyday' watch now. So now I need another nice one that I'll keep nice.
These are honest reasons actually. Ya gotta have a few watches. It's just mandatory.

I know some people in that list lol.
Myself, well, I have to have a dress watch. And a work watch, and a backup to the work watch in case I break it in a far away place, and I can't send it out for repair. And a backup to the dress watch, cuz I wore it too many times, and she got scratched up, turning it into an 'everyday' watch now. So now I need another nice one that I'll keep nice.
These are honest reasons actually. Ya gotta have a few watches. It's just mandatory.
Just to be on a safe side I have to clarify... are you convincing yourself here or us? ;-):-d:-d

Hey Tribe!
You spent all night dreaming that up... ? It was GREAT!!!!!!
Nice seeing you man....!

Craig

My "collecting" clutter already dominates far too much of our apartment for my wife's taste. (Or for the taste of any reasonable human being, for that matter.) She REALLY has not taken a shine to the increasing number of Sir Rondo glass top watch boxes that I keep near the window in our bedroom (this, in order to give the solar watches some light exposure and the atomic/solar watches the best shot at sync'ing with Fort Collins, CO).

I guess I'll have to try one of the lines I haven't used -- but I'm not optimistic.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Hey Tribe!
You spent all night dreaming that up... ? It was GREAT!!!!!!
Nice seeing you man....!
Thanks, Gawain!

No, I didn't stay up to do it. The first one crystallised in my head as I was considering a watch in a Krakow shop, then a few more came to me. I can't remember what prompted me to jot them down, but as soon as I had a few I wondered if I could come up with fifty. All I had to do was put myself in the 'mode' and they came. Some of them just came anyway.

I can remember one popping into my head (the 'beater' one) as I was crossing a busy road. I repeated it once or twice in my head to remember it, and then tapped it into my PDA when I got back to the apartment. Sometimes, reading back through ones already written inspired a few more.

There was only one that I worked on in any way. The 'punchline' sounded slightly cruel, so even though I laughed involuntarily when I thought of it, I softened it a bit. At the last minute, after I had pasted the list into the forum, I realised it had lost some impact, so put the original ending back.

There was also one that I thought of omitting, because it occurred to me that one of our members might think it was about him. It wasn't, as it happens (some are based on me, some are based on 'types', but the majority are simply 'imagined'). I thought for a moment to see if I could come up with a replacement. Nothing came, so in it went.

They are in the order I thought of them, and I just stopped when I got to fifty. One or two more have since popped into my head, but I'll be leaving the list as it is.

An absolute work of genius, I hadn't seen this post before it was linked in a newer thread!

You have the mind of the finest observational comedian and a watch mentalist to boot!

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.