WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with my Christmas list. I think I might like a subscription to a watch magazine, but not sure which one(s).

The only watch magazine I've ever purchased was the August 2007 International Watch (IW). I don't know if I lucked up on a good issue or not. It was the summer scuba issue with a small blurb on 45 dive watches. It also had great articles on the new Sellita SW200 (with schematics), Blanpain 50 fathoms, history of Omega observatory trials and precision records, Jaeger-LeCoultre's lubricant free watch, Eterna's new ceramic bearings, Christopher Claret's Swiss workshop (BTW, a tourbillon movement is the simplest caliber made there!).

Now I really enjoyed this magazine. Me being a chemical engineer, I particularly enjoyed the articles on lubricant free movements and ceramic bearings. The Sellita SW200 article was excellent.

The last time I was at a good bookstore (Nashville), I remember thumbing through 5 or 6 watch magazines and none of them were half as technical as my issue of IW. A few were a little over the top with the ultra-expensive watches.

Do any of you guys subscribe to watch magazines? Which ones do you like, and why?

Cheers,
gigfy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts