WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy X-Mas guys,

Could some one tell me what watch magazines are available in the UK, I remember looking at one mag in a store but it was crap just full of adverts and very boring articles.
Oh and a brief description of the way the mag is set out etc.. and quality of articles etc..

Thanks guyssantasmile

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I bought this mag on the continent last month when I was in Switzerland. Not sure if it's available in Britain, it is the best watch rag I've ever seen.

The text is both English and German, pictures and articles are very well done:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Well, don´t read europe star, iW and others because they have the same stuff of ads :-d :-d :-d
We have noticed the same thing....we are in the US and we get WatchTime, hrWatches, IW, and WCR. They all seem to have the same ads and news articles. We will be going down to just getting WatchTime here soon.

Stephen

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the relies so far

So which one do you think is best then? Watchtime?

I ask this as i will probably have to take a subscription out and would like to spend my money wisely

Cheers John

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the relies so far

So which one do you think is best then? Watchtime?

I ask this as i will probably have to take a subscription out and would like to spend my money wisely

Cheers John
Tough question, I´d be torn between Watchtime and iW :-(

·
Registered
462 Posts
Qp

Thanks guys.:-!
QP is published in London, so the price isn't killer, which would be the case for WatchTime, IW and the rest of the Americans.

La Cote Des Montres, published in France is quite good, if you can read French.

German watch magazines, Chronos and Uhren are arguably the best. They're sister publications of WatchTime, which frequently translates and publishes their articles.

In Australia, there's Luxe. Beautifully printed, with fairly interesting content, a subscription to the UK probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

Oh yes, the new magazine, Revolution. Big, thick, and loaded with ads. Many articles look like ads, too. The magazine celebrates the cream of horology. Unfortunately, I had trouble reading most of it because the print was either too small or used a photo background in which the print was well camouflaged. They'll get it right next issue, I'm sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts