WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been off the board for a while, but finally made a watch purchase (it has not arrived yet). I bit on the Ollech and Wajs Cougar II watch, from WestCoastTime. Picked it up for a bit over $300. Am excited about getting it, and interested in what anyone might think. I don't see much discussion of these O&W watches on this forum, really.

What I really found great about this watch was that it had a nice bracelet, metal bezel with raised lettering, and what I thought was a studly-looking black military dial. No numbers, just large strip markers, and a red second hand. Maybe it's just me, but I found no other watch that pushed all the right buttons aesthetically.

The specs suggest a quality watch, and it has a sapphire crystal. Has anyone inspected this model watch?

I took note of all suggestions from my previous thread. Some were just out of my budget range. A couple (e.g. Bathys) just didn't do it for me stylistically. Originally I was considering the Seiko Black Monster and the Citizen NY0054. I also liked the Marathon watches. But I jumped a little on my price range and went with the O&W.

I'm kind of wondering what I missed out on with a Seiko Black Monster and the Citizen NY0054. And I'll keep an eye out on the Marathons also. If I can find a deal on one of these, I may yet still circle back to pick one up so I can experience it and have something to wear on those occasions where I don't want to risk the O&W.

Anyway...interested in hearing. I've attached a picture of the Cougar.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
I like the Cougar II very much. Have come close many times on this one but never pulled the trigger. I have another O&W I really like though, and bet you will be pleased.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
I'm with Todd. I've always admired this model. Congratulations! ;-)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've owned the Cougar for a while and at first i wasn't sure if i liked the size, at 39.5mm,and i thought the lume was weak, but after a while i realized the size is fine and the lume actually lasts all night after a full charge, just not as bright as the Monster's or "high end" watches lume.
The only problem i've had was losing the bezel insert while snorkeling,and had a hell of a time getting it replaced. I recentley sent it to Howard at WCT,who is putting a whole new bezel set-up on there,as i could only find inserts from the M-5,M-6 series,which almost-but not quite fit. All in all a
great watch, i'm sure i'll keep it :-d See below, missing insert!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I really like the O&W watches, but I really wish they made them with a 42-43mm diameter. The 39.5 just seems a bit too small for a watch you want to be really visible....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Very nice, I've had a couple of O&Ws (and I've got one inbound at the moment), and they're solid watches. :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts