WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With only a few watches remaining since the reservation process began only a few days ago for the Marine Original Limited Edition II with black dial, it made me wonder of other missed watch opportunities that I regret not reserving:

1993 - IWC Portuguese 1,000 in stainless, 500 in rose gold and 250 Platinum. The list prices for the edition at its original release were: steel $8,500; rose gold $12,500; and platinum $21,500.

1998 - Minerva 140th Anniversary - 134 limited release and 6 specially limited with gold plated movements. Estimated cost new was $4,200.

2007/2008 - Stowa Marine Original Limited Edition - Limited to 80. Cost new was $1,460 (the same as the MOLE II)

2008/2009 - Stowa Flieger Original Limited Edition - Limited to 80.

Any you regret missing?

vincesf

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
With only a few watches remaining since the reservation process began only a few days ago for the Marine Original Limited Edition II with black dial, it made me wonder of other missed watch opportunities that I regret not reserving:

1993 - IWC Portuguese 1,000 in stainless, 500 in rose gold and 250 Platinum. The list prices for the edition at its original release were: steel $8,500; rose gold $12,500; and platinum $21,500.

1998 - Minerva 140th Anniversary - 134 limited release and 6 specially limited with gold plated movements. Estimated cost new was $4,200.

2007/2008 - Stowa Marine Original Limited Edition - Limited to 80. Cost new was $1,460 (the same as the MOLE II)

2008/2009 - Stowa Flieger Original Limited Edition - Limited to 80. Cost new was $637.

Any you regret missing?

vincesf

Hi vinces,

what are you referring to? Deposit??:think:
Or did you miss a "1" in front of the 637 ?

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi vinces,

what are you referring to? Deposit??:think:
Or did you miss a "1" in front of the 637 ?

Volker ;-)
My mistake and edited price out of message, as I obtained it from the internet, and course we know how reliable that can be.

vincesf

·
Registered
85 Posts
Definitely the FO LE (particularly because it's unclear whether even the serial version will be available) and the first MO LE (love that red 12).

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nope. I have exactly what I want to have. I buy what I want to buy (within my own limits of course) and don't waste time on regrets for things I've missed out on.

·
Registered
648 Posts
FO LE.

No regrets there will be something better from STOWA in the future I hope. :-! (42mm-44mm with a DUROWE handwound movement).

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FO LE.

No regrets there will be something better from STOWA in the future I hope. :-! (42mm-44mm with a DUROWE handwound movement).
I like this attitude, as there will always be something new and exciting just around the corner.
vincesf

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
FO LE.

<snip>.. from STOWA in the future I hope. :-! (42mm-44mm with a DUROWE handwound movement).
+1 for sure on that, and it should be a WUS, STOWA Forum pre-order exclusive. :-!

DO IT for us Jorg!!!! b-)b-)b-)b-)b-)b-)b-)b-)b-)

As for any pre-orders I regret missing out on...only the Korsbek OE.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ditto on the Minerva (cal 49, was it?)

Oh, and the Stowa Exima with NOS Omega 286 movement. Shockingly gorgeous. Probably couldn't have afforded it anyway....

·
Registered
973 Posts
The Dreadnought

·
Registered
593 Posts
FO LE.

With a bajillion people on the FO Serial list, my guess is that another AO LE at a similar price could be 240 watches and still not satisfy demand. But with an all in-house movement, I don't see how the price could stay as low.

But if I were to look back, the FO LE, MO LE, and the Korsbek OE are the ones that I wish I had gotten in on. But I have a relatively short time being a watch enthusiast--just about the length of time that I have been a member here.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The F LE 2801. Despite being a Stowa customer, newsletter subscriber (although I have never received one newsletter), and active forum member, I somehow missed this one entirely. :-(

·
Registered
90 Posts
FO LE.

Good lord, a 42 - 44mm Fleiger with a Durowe movement... including you and I it sounds like at least two of them are definitely sold. :-d

Time to get that one in the works!!

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
In case of these Stowa's: no. A different dial or a red '12' doesn't make it a 'limited edition' for me.
That would take at least a complete different movement. Like a vintage Durowe for example.
I've seen just about enough ETA 6497/8 (based) movements. Time for something else.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts