WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

Does anyone know of a good watch repairer in Sheffield (UK) or surrounding area? I've got an issue with an EB 8420 movement and want someone locally to look at it. The crown kept slipping and wouldn't set the time when pulled out so I tried to reset the crown latch (sorry don't know the correct name) to no avail. Whilst fiddling with it I mistakenly fully unscrewed the crown latch and now I can't seem to screw it back in.

In summary there are 3 issues I would like sorting:

The crown latch reseated
The time setting issue
The movement intermittently stops (NOS movement - has been working fine but think my incessant pratting seems to have caused it to stop) - I think some dirt may have for into it as the balance moves then jars and stops.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi,
I had the same trouble finding a local watch repairer. After several recommendations i contacted Genesis watch repairs. They are in Cumbria so a long way from where i live. I emailed them with details of the problem my watch had and sent the watch by Special Delivery. Within a week the watch was back, problem sorted and im very pleased with the work they did and will definately use them again in the future.
Got to be worth sending them an email to discuss the work you need doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts