WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
I was just asking as a curiosity how other people do things. Mainly to open a dialogue and participate. I have my system and wasn’t looking for “what should I do?” I am always interested in how people do things differently than I do them.

I choose my watch for the day based on work, play, and wardrobe if I’m not working. Sometimes I just choose whatever watch is already wound if I’m in a big hurry to get out of the house. No rhyme or reason past that. They all make me happy in different ways.
Then complete lack of discipline is my system. Free bird gotta fly...... I may leave a watch in the box for years and then wear it a week straight. I'm a wild one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
15 watches collected over a 20 year period. Last 2 months I wore 6-7 regularly, changing every 1-3 days. The other watches maybe once or twice in 2 months.

Reactions: Summydad1

·
Premium Member
Breitling, Cartier, Casio, Rolex (x2), Seiko, Sinn, Tissot (x3)
597 Posts
I have 9 watches in my current rotation. 6 automatics and 3 quartz. I just started tracking how often I wear each because I'm curious about my actual rotation.

Many factors contribute to what ends up on my wrist each day. Whether I'm in office or not, if I have a shirt on that is a perfect match for a particular watch, weekend or not and activity I'll engaged in, among others.

I wind all my watches at least once per week or so. Approximately once per month I clean out my watch box, wipe the watches, wind anything not worn recently and organize.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have five watches. Three of them get worn 90% of the time with the other two being more occasional.

My Halios Fairwind (dive watch on a bracelet) and Oris b7460 (1990s small/mid-sized rectangular watch with a pointer-date complication on a leather strap) get worn most of the time during the week, usually I'll wear one of them for most of the week or sometimes they just kind of split time day-to-day depending on if I want to deal with re-setting the pointer date and what clothes I am wearing/what I am doing. (I also am less likely to wear the Fairwind when I think I will be working on my laptop instead of using a seperate keyboard since the bracelet and laptop tend to scratch each other up)

On the weekend or if I do anything that might damage a watch during the week I usually wear my Vostok Amphibia on a tropic strap. I usually wear one of the four other watches if I am going out to do something social.

My chronograph (a 1963 on a leather strap) and my Seiko (mocking bird cocktail time) just kind of get mixed in for office wear or going out wear whenever I feel like it. None of this is super strict and I just kind of go with what I want to do on a given day, but the Oris and the Halios are my favourites, fit in with my work-life (I work in a very casual office) and see the most time on the wrist.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have about 30 watches that I actually wear. Some only get wrist time a couple times a year for special occasions, others that I take on vacation to the beach or camping, others that I wear while working in the yard, others that I wear to church and I cycle through the rest during the work week. In other words, I wear something fitting for the activity and my attire. The specific watch is mood dependent. That said, do what makes you happy. If you like more order in your life, build a schedule that makes you happy.

There are as many opinions as there are people on this forum and no one is exactly alike. Nothing wrong with getting other opinions as you find your own style and personality so I don’t mind these types of subjective questions. But, in the end, once you figure out what you like, do what makes you happy knowing that 99% of the world thinks a digital Casio is all you need and having more than one watch is a waste of money so they likey won’t notice your rotation nor care about your hobby (but you can always come here and nerd out with like minded watch enthusiast).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I am a newish collector (4 years). I own 7 watches, but well on my way to many more. Once I passed 4 I can’t seem to settle in on a consistent rotation for wearing them. It seems like I wear the newest one for about a month then put it away and wear the older ones based on wardrobe or how I feel that day. Could be just one day or a whole month. I consider myself a collector and don’t plan on selling anything.

My question is how does everyone rotate their watches? Especially the people that have 10,20,100! Do you take them out and wind them? Sorry in advance if these questions have been asked before.
yes, but no real strategy. Just whatever I feel like wearing that day or part of a day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have about 30 watches that I actually wear. Some only get wrist time a couple times a year for special occasions, others that I take on vacation to the beach or camping, others that I wear while working in the yard, others that I wear to church and I cycle through the rest during the work week. In other words, I wear something fitting for the activity and my attire. The specific watch is mood dependent. That said, do what makes you happy. If you like more order in your life, build a schedule that makes you happy.

There are as many opinions as there are people on this forum and no one is exactly alike. Nothing wrong with getting other opinions as you find your own style and personality so I don’t mind these types of subjective questions. But, in the end, once you figure out what you like, do what makes you happy knowing that 99% of the world thinks a digital Casio is all you need and having more than one watch is a waste of money so they likey won’t notice your rotation nor care about your hobby (but you can always come here and nerd out with like minded watch enthusiast).
I’m new to the forum and I’m a nerd so that works. I only have one friend who is a watch nut so coming here to b.s. is fun. One thing I have learned as my collection grows is to be a little more picky and have more patience with my purchases. Also, since it’s a hobby, do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have some that are weekend wears, and others that are occasional. But then I have a group that are in a set rotation. And of those, I try to keep them on wrist for at least a week. I find that I appreciate them more that way.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My overall collection varies between 15-20 watches. I have two subcollections. Luxury pieces and a beater collection. I change my watches roughly 3-4 times daily, depending on different activities and whatever makes me happy in that moment.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I wear them in order of how they are in my watch box. Currently they are in order of purchase date. I used to have them separated by dial color.

They all get worn at least once a month this way.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm curious...which do you wear to work? You have multiple strong contenders.
I used to wear watches that I wasn't comfortable to drag across the desk or put into some situations that might be detrimental to the watch, so I bought the Rado Captain Cook specifically for daily work wear.
That leaves my others to be available for selection at weekends, and to feel special every time I put them on.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Switch to the next one each day. May pass and come back a few days later to passed watch if not appropriate (Patrimony passes on hiking days for example).

·
Registered
390 Posts
My weekly rotation starts on Monday. Generally bracelets in the summer, straps in the winter.

I usually pull two watches from the safe and may rotate during the day.

New arrivals usually stay on the wrist for a few weeks...just to break it in during the honeymoon stage ;)

Like this one:

Watch Finger Body jewelry Watch accessory Silver

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have 27 watches, some I never wear for whatever reason. What I wear is dependant on what I'm going to do, where I'm going and what I'm wearing. However, my work watch is always the same, cause it's smaller, takes a beating and my perfect tool watch. It's also my only battery watch. :p
Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Clock

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have never had a rotation. I have one watch that I wear every day. Which is typically my nicest and most expensive watch. The rest are for specific situations (workout, beach, wearing a suit etc.).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No formal, specific rotation for me. I wear mine collection of about a dozen pieces much more randomly. Over a 60 day period, some pieces are never worn. It all depends on what I'm doing, where I'm doing it, what catches my eye on a given day, etc. I have enough activities that are scheduled in advance; the watch I wear does not need to be one of those.

Oh, and no watch is ever wound unless it is being worn. After 28+ years owning nice automatic watches, that has never been a problem...

·
Registered
14,709 Posts
In the past I'd often wear a different watch every day. Now that I'm down to three nice watches I usually wear one watch for a week or two before switching.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts