WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

Registered
I have had 'luxury' watches (Tudor BB) for eight years, and for 6 of those wore only that. Like many other (馃) my buying ramped up massively a couple of years ago, reaching 20+. I tried to rotate but then I got my 214270 Explorer and found I really only wanted to be wearing that one 90% of the time. I am selling/giving away the excess and think I will get by with 4-5, worn according for function. Exp1 most of the time, Pelagos for maritime fun, G-Shock for mountain biking, which leaves me a dress watch and a casual manual wind to get. I could combine the last two but really fancy a Reverso and a gold one is out of reach, so I'll probably go ss and get a vintage gold dress watch.
I don't really see this as a rotation, which I found stressful, just wearing the watch most adapted to the usage.

Registered
I am surprised that so few people follow a strict regime for rotation like I do. I have six dressy watches and eight beaters. The dressy watches are being rotated weekly. Ie. I would wear the same watch to the office from Monday until Friday. The beaters would go through daily rotation during weekends. All watches in the collection would be worn at least once in six weeks. There is one exception though. I would wear the Wahoo watch whenever I go out for a ride on my bicycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
It goes like this : get a new watch - wear it as much as possible for a month, maybe a litle more. Get over the "honeymoon" phase and include it in the "rotation".
99% of the time at work I will wear one of my 2 G Shocks (1% a Steeldive). The others are the after work watches and I'll pick one depending on mood, what I m gonna be doing or what I want to feel on my wrist. For now though it's a G shock and a newly acquired seiko 5 after hours. No particular order as you can see. Wear what you feel like ( I, for one, could not do a strict rotation)

Registered
Orient Bambino v2gen2, G-Shock GW-M5610, and Seiko Turtle SRP775
I have three, so they all get worn during the week. I have been cured of the need for a ton of watches and focus more on a small, concise collection that all get wrist time. I have a dress, a tool, and a G and all are used for their prescribed purpose.

Registered
I am a newish collector (4 years). I own 7 watches, but well on my way to many more. Once I passed 4 I can鈥檛 seem to settle in on a consistent rotation for wearing them. It seems like I wear the newest one for about a month then put it away and wear the older ones based on wardrobe or how I feel that day. Could be just one day or a whole month. I consider myself a collector and don鈥檛 plan on selling anything.

My question is how does everyone rotate their watches? Especially the people that have 10,20,100! Do you take them out and wind them? Sorry in advance if these questions have been asked before.
This is exactly why I don't want loads of watches - I have enough on my plate without having to decide which watch to wear and for how long. I'm dailying one and I feel bad enough that the watch that preceded it is sitting unused in a box - can't imagine how I'd feel with a half-dozen unused watches sitting there :(

Registered
I have 30+ watches. I just wear what I feel like wearing for however long I feel like. I have some watches that can go a long time without being worn. I'm thinking of starting a thread to wear a different watch everyday and post a pic until I get through all of them. I am waiting for my collection to settle down. I have one incoming and a couple I want to sell.

Registered
I have maybe 7-8 watches that I include in my rotation. I take 1-2 watches and lock away the rest and wear those two watches (depending my wardrobe) for about a month, then swap them for two different ones. Rinse and repeat. It really forces me to remember why I do or don鈥檛 like a watch, and helps drive me to sell a watch down the line.

Registered
I have ten watches, half of those are Seiko 5, three are Citizen Promasters, there is a Swatch Irony Aluminium and ofc a square G.Shock.
I EDC the Seikos the most because I like small, light, strap monster automatics that look good, but are also cheap. I can make them work with everything I wear in any season with the help of my ever expanding strap collection. I just pick a combo I like. Often I swap out a watch for another one in the middle of the day for whatever reason.

Going past the entry level Seikos, when I need a more substantial and modern watch, my G-shock and Promasters (Sky, Tough, Sea) have 200m water resistance, solar, radio, and all kinds of complications, so I have all the usual features and functions.
My collection is not expensive, and I like it that way, although I would like a Sinn and maybe also a GS eventually.

Reactions: Summydad1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I have ten watches, half of those are Seiko 5, three are Citizen Promasters, there is a Swatch Irony Aluminium and ofc a square G.Shock.
I EDC the Seikos the most because I like small, light, strap monster automatics that look good, but are also cheap. I can make them work with everything I wear in any season with the help of my ever expanding strap collection. I just pick a combo I like. Often I swap out a watch for another one in the middle of the day for whatever reason.

Going past the entry level Seikos, when I need a more substantial and modern watch, my G-shock and Promasters (Sky, Tough, Sea) have 200m water resistance, solar, radio, and all kinds of complications, so I have all the usual features and functions.
My collection is not expensive, and I like it that way, although I would like a Sinn and maybe also a GS eventually.
You will never regret getting a Sinn. They are tough as nails. I also like that I have never seen one on anybody other than myself. They have a huge following on here but they are unique in the real world.

Registered
I keep my watches in tiers. For daily wear I select one from my "beater" tier - mostly dive watches. If I'm socializing, I go up a tier and select one from that group. For those occasions when I need to wear a pilot watch, I select one from my Pilot Watch Tier (which also contains the odd military watch). I also have a water sports tier and a "special occasions" tier. The rest of them are just worn randomly.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts