WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys!

I'm Novartep from watch.ru I'm not a manufacturer of these watches, I just want it too.

That's what I know about project:

First of all, watch.ru user Serge XII was make first sample of this watch for his own needs. He taked regular Slava watch, developed custom dial and hands, ordered parts and watch assembly by watchmaker. That's a first Kronstadt.
Next, some people asked Serge XII make some samples for them. He asked a St.Petersburg Watch Restoration Center team and a Slava shop about this. Slava ready to sell 10 or more watches with 50% discount; Watch Restoration Center ready to make hot-blued hands and dial and install custom parts to watches. Also, Watch Restoration Center ready to install sapphire glass by your order.
For now, no new info due to covid. In fact, we are looking other buyers for this project, but how many watches we can bye from Slava — that’s a question.

About design:
Main idea — marine watch in russian (soviet) style and on russian movement. Design based on ChP, 28-ChK and 99-ChK marine watches (they are similar).
Why Kronstadt? Because it's a heart of russian navy (Kronstadt city located on Kotlin Island, 30 kilometers west of Saint Petersburg, near the head of the Gulf of Finland).
What anchor on back? It’s anchor from the October Revolution battleship — defender of Leningrad city.
Why Slava as donor — russian Vostok 2409 movement and small and clear case. Also, install custom dial and hands on regular watch is a fastest and easiest way.

???????? 2020-04-21 17.14.37.png

About «limitations»:
One limit: how many watches we can bye from Slava. As I say, for now that’s a question.
It’s not special forum project: if you want this watch — you can order it. Ask Serge XII fo this. Or ask any watch.ru user (like me) for ask him. Totally, we need a mid-forum negotiator ;-)

About payment & delivery:
As Serge XII say, deposit is ~ 235 USD, paying to Watch Restoration Center. I hope, full price max ~ 300 USD with shipping. Payment method for foreigners - I don’t know. About delivery too. Need to ask Watch Restoration Center, but they temporary closed due to covid…

I make small brochure about Kronstadt project: View attachment Kronstadt EN 1.1 web.pdf
It’s about design, time service on ships, Leningrad blockade and the Marat and the October Revolution battleships.

Sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Totally, we need a mid-forum negotiator
Comrade tokareva, may be you?

About coronavirus in Russia: most offline stores are closed. According to rumors, the end of quarantine on mid-May, but not everywhere and not immediately. This is a Russian style: nothing is clear :)
The project can start in June. May be.

Now you only can say: “Oh, I want this!”

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
But maybe its relative simplicity makes it more realistic in terms of delivery?
That's what they said about the Trabant.

All jokes aside, I like the simple clarity of the concept, and some nice subtle details to balance it out.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Spacibo Novartep !
And congratulation to Serge XII . You can 100% rely on me & I do hope this project will see completion !!

Cheers!
I write on watch.ru about your great decision.
If project start, you'll be notified about any important things (e.g. payment, delivery, vodka need).

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
But maybe its relative simplicity makes it more realistic in terms of delivery?
Indeed & in terms of design as well. The Pobeda ЧН-38K is, IMO, such a gorgeous, simple, understated utilitarian design . One of the greatest quintessential Soviet watch. This Kronstad project, dipping in historical Russian Naval inspiration, looks, to me at least, like a 38K on steroids with enuf of a twist not to make it a boring bigger version.
What’s not to like ? ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
So that’s the Aurora anchor on the back?
Ignore me. I’ve just read your brochure
If you want, it could be an Aurora anchor. It’s a pretty magic history:
— this anchor design developed in UK by captain Hall and called «Hall anchor"
— first russian battleship with Hall anchors — right, the Aurora!
Hall anchor isn't best anchor in the world, but it's a standard for USSR navy and used in most naval monuments in Russia. So if anybody ask you about this, you may call any russian ship — and you’ll be right.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That’s peaked my interest. I saw the Aurora when I was 13. School kids from the UK were allowed into the Soviet Union in the early 70s.

Very tempted now for sentimental reasons....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now, I follow this topic and will send your desires to watch.ru. If anybody else want to go into project — please write here or send me PM.
(That's only on my enthusiasm. No money interests for me.)

I collect some additional info from watch.ru. Please note, that’s estimated scheme, changes may be.

Approximately prices (delivery not included):
100 pieces order — 17 490 RUR (~232,50 USD) per one
50 pieces order — 19 490 RUR (~259,00 USD) per one

Possible delivery methods:
- regular international mail (Russian post from Russia -> your country post)
- transport company (e.g. DHL, CDEK and other which working in Russia)
You need to ask preferred delivery method and pay delivery costs at final payment.

Watch editions:
a) default (mineral crystal, engraved anchor on back)
b) +clear back (cleared (polished) donor's case back without engraving) — free of charge
c) +sapphire (less domed that original glass) — approximately +5 000 RUR (~66,50 USD), final cost at project start

How it works:

1. you send your contacts and prepay 17 490 RUR (~232,50 USD) to clockmaker (St. Petersburg watch restoration center). According to Russian law you have to pay to bank account.
2. clockmaker buying donors and making magic:
- donor disassembling
- clearing donor's dial and printing new one
- making heat-oxided blue hands
- cleaning and laser-engraving donor's case back
- assembling
- accuracy control
- by your want:
- - cleared (polished) donor's case book without engraving. Like old soviet style. It’s free of charge.
- - sapphire crystal (less domed that original). Now costs of this option is unknown, approximately 5 000 RUR (~66,50 USD).
3. clockmaker sending personal invoices. If 100 watches produced — you need to pay only delivery costs. If 50 watches produced — you need additionally pay 19 490 - 17 490 = 2 000 RUR (26,60 USD) and delivery costs. If less 50 watches produced — you need to pay delivery costs and difference between the actual price and your prepayment
4. you make payment and send delivery information (e.g. your name and address)
5. sending and receiving. The end.

I will transfer any new info.

·
Registered
419 Posts
(---)
I make small brochure about Kronstadt project: View attachment 15083993
It’s about design, time service on ships, Leningrad blockade and the Marat and the October Revolution battleships.

Sorry for my bad english.
No need to apologise for your English Novartep and a very nice brochure! Anyway, I noticed that the brochure stated that the "lifetime" of the calibre is 10 years, which is not correct. It is the service time which is 10 years. Provided you service the movement on a regular basis (at least every 10 years) it should last for decades, if not centuries! Just thought I'd add this information as someone might think it will be a piece of junk in 10 years time. Trust me, it will not!

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
No need to apologise for your English Novartep and a very nice brochure! Anyway, I noticed that the brochure stated that the "lifetime" of the calibre is 10 years, which is not correct. It is the service time which is 10 years. Provided you service the movement on a regular basis (at least every 10 years) it should last for decades, if not centuries! Just thought I'd add this information as someone might think it will be a piece of junk in 10 years time. Trust me, it will not!
Cheers!
Thanks! I will change this part.
This phrase is from a watch passport. In Russia, documents are written in a strange language. It's russian, but it's difficult to understand :)
Translated by separate words, it turns out to «minimum watch life time is more than 10 years». May be it’s a dumb legal trick.
2409 is an old and reliable caliber. I have my grandpa's Vostok, which worked 30 years without maintenance (first full service made in 2017). That's not good for mechanism, but that's possible.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks! I will change this part.
This phrase is from a watch passport. In Russia, documents are written in a strange language. It's russian, but it's difficult to understand :)
Translated by separate words, it turns out to «minimum watch life time is more than 10 years». May be it’s a dumb legal trick.
2409 is an old and reliable caliber. I have my grandpa's Vostok, which worked 30 years without maintenance (first full service made in 2017). That's not good for mechanism, but that's possible.
Thanks, and that's very interesting!

Part of the reason why I find this watch so attractive is its calibre. The Vostok 2409 is extremely reliable and rugged and its service time of 10 years is quite amazing. For anyone into watch servicing and repairing here is my Vostok 2409 Service Walkthrough as well as some facts and my opinions about this calibre.

·
Registered
389 Posts
comrade Novartep, вы очень хорошо пишите на англиском языке, лучше меня на Русском (Your english is much better than my Russian) . Please I am in the project. Would like one of these remarkable watches. I am in the project.
Best regards and than you

21 - 40 of 69 Posts