WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
comrade Novartep, вы очень хорошо пишите на англиском языке, лучше меня на Русском (Your english is much better than my Russian) . Please I am in the project. Would like one of these remarkable watches. I am in the project.
Best regards and than you
Thanks!
Confirmed. Welcome on board!

Now 20 members in project (WUS — 3, Watch.ru — 17), 27 watches ordered:
?????? ?????? 2020-05-07 ? 09.16.11.png

·
Registered
25 Posts
Design stories: a case with case.

49598977391_63ef58a138_b.jpg
Back of Kronstadt’s first sample. «ChChZ Vostok 2409 movement, stainless steel, tempered glass, 50 meters waterproof». Photo by terry82.

As Serge said, that’s good design, but not totally good. This back is crisp and clear, but:
— text block very similar to B-Uhr’s table. As you knew, that’s an iconic part for most pilot watches.
— bitt image very similar to «H» letter. And «H» is a Hamilton’s logo.

Russian design without any «highly likely» things — that’s keystone* of this project.

Back of this case isn’t screw-down, it’s a snap back. Serge says that it has a very strange design: a cover can be closed only in certain position (or in any position, if you are Nikolai Valuev**, but you can’t to open it again). But on every case this position in a different place (accuracy class «A» - «any» place***)! Therefore, for ideal-leveled text each back must be engraved in a different (and certain) position. For batch production this is unacceptable.

We decided to place text in a circle — and the covers can be engraved in any position.

* Hah, loudly said. In fact, we try to make this watch in Russia and without China-made parts…hmmm…mostly without China-made parts :))
** Everyone knows that Nikolai is so strong that he can use any sequence for the Matryoshka assembling. Also, he opens beer counterclockwise.
*** «G» — «loGic» and other things in a «Strange alphabet» book. Only $29.99, call 555-2368 for order.

If be serious - no any fresh news for now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Design stories: rejected, rejected...accepted!

Evolution of watch’s back:

«Seagull» («Chaika») and «Antarctica» — rejected. Similar to Komandirskie and Amphibia SE.

1.png

«Starry sky» — rejected. Why stars?
2.png

«USSR Navy seal» — rejected. Too soviet. Hmm, anchors, anchors...
3.png

«Anchor from Kronstadt Naval cathedral of Saint Nicholas» — rejected. Too orthodoxal. Hey, guys, need more anchors!
4.png

«Gangut’s anchor» — that’s good, that’s good. In memory of grandpas.
5.png

Final variant:
6.png

·
Registered
25 Posts
So this is based on a used donor case rather than a new one?
It’s based on new Slava Prime (model № 8190898-300-2409). Totally new from shop, never used.
Watches are sold in this case:
4.jpg
3.jpg
And with this strap:
5.jpg
Case good, strap — not so hot, but usable.

Last week, Slava shop confirmed that 100+ watches in stock.

About Covid: in Siberia now we can walk on streets and do sports on open air, almost everyone can work, but we can’t travel to neighboring regions. In big cities — mostly in Moscow and less in St Petersburg — situation continues to be strange. Someone called modern russian life as «Schrödinger’s quarantine».
Victory parade scheduled for June 24 (rescheduled from May 9). Victory Day is important for Russia, so I won’t be surprised if the virus will suddenly end by President’s order :)

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Thanks for the up-date ... very exciting !!
In the UK, by Prime minister’s orders, the virus was deemed not very bad ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Another «brilliant» ideas about the back of the watch (after 2 weeks of doing nothing).
At top — latest «deluxe» design: big anchor with «torned Leningrad blockade ring» and «50 meters waterproof * caliber 2409A * stainless steel» text.
At bottom — new «moderate» variants with little ring/anchor and:
A (russian A) text from «deluxe» design («50 meters waterproof * caliber 2409A * stainless steel»)
Б (russian B) brief marking with pictograms («Kronstadt» = watch model, «2409a with spiral» = mechanical movement, «5 atm with wave» = waterproof 50 meters)

????????? 2409 - ??????.png

And experimental «lean» variant B (russian V) with only pictograms («2409a with spiral» = mechanical movement, «5 atm with wave» = waterproof 50 meters «40 час with rotate clockwise» = 40 hours reserve + hand-winding), at left — composition «triangle up» + spacing from variants A/Б, at right — «triangle down» + reduced interval.

?????? ?.png ???????? 2020-06-02 21.56.23.png

I don’t know which is better. Perhaps before production we will make a vote.

Hah, about production (posted yesterday):
Serge XII said:
To make an experimental copy after collecting money - not very good to me. Therefore, in March I start testing process of this workshop. I want to show you they product before invoicing. I made test order, at my own peril and risk.
For this test, I gave them an order for a similar watch, but more complicated:
????????? 3603 - ????? 2.png
I expected that by April's beginning watch would be ready. But latest events...
Now they have come to life and are making a technological layout for printing the dial from my design layout.
When they will do it - we will see quality. If satisfied — OK. If not — will made by another watchmaker.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
There's some great design work being done here.

That lat picture makes me think that a Molnija 3603 with Ural sweep-hand conversion (that would be a '3609') would be perfect for this design concept. Obviously it would not be cheap.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
"I don’t know which is better"

IMO the Option A is by far the best, maybe close to perfection for what that watch is meant to be - those pictograms on the other hand look very gimmicky and denature the classic overall look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
?????? ?????? 2020-06-06 ? 10.05.15.png

30 watches ordered. Already it looks like a batch ;-)
(if nobody changes their decision at the last moment)

For sapphire lovers.

Clockmaker: “For 11 ordered watches, removing mineral glass and put sapphire will cost 500 rubles (~ 7.5 USD) per one watch.This is an estimated price for simple work, and we think that replacing glass is easy.
Glass cost = purchase price + delivery costs. We buy parts via internet like everyone (from eBay, for example). Now it’s not clear what need to buy: Slava said that crystal size is 36.5 mm, but need to check this.”

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
This is great news , I can only congratulate you for this project & your help keeping us informed .
I am so looking forward !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Still waiting a dial sample for main Kronstadt project.

Some interesting thing. Chascomm said:
There's some great design work being done here.
That lat picture makes me think that a Molnija 3603 with Ural sweep-hand conversion (that would be a '3609') would be perfect for this design concept. Obviously it would not be cheap.
Hah. Watch.ru user netlis52 was made his own Kronstadt on Ural movement with Molniya hands and custom-printed dial:
45 mm case. So good, so good.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts