WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Oh great. I’m the donkeys tail on this.

I’ve resent the email. This time in the proper format. Received a reply back.

Tomorrow I’ll give Western Union a go for payment. Never used it before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reception of orders is closed. The workshop bought 25 donors from Slava.
20 payments confirmed by workshop. Our list says that 22 orders paid - may be 2 payments are still in progress.
Remaining 3 orders are guaranteed by Sergey and will be made in any case.
The workshop prepare metal for hands.
Straps will blue (for all or for most watches) — it's a stock Slava straps.
The case will be better:

1.png

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello, I confirm order, don't know how or who to pay.
Здравствуйте!
Подтверждаю заказ. Скажите, пожалуйста, как и кому платить
С уважением
Could not login for days.
Best regards

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello, I confirm order, don't know how or who to pay.
Serge-project-leader said:
Sorry, orders are closed. We have already paid for donor watch.
Orders were accepted from 28.07 to 5.08 - a week.
From 05.08 to 12.08 most of the members made a prepayment - another week.
Total 2 weeks for join.
There were enough reminders.

25 watches will be made, unpaid ones (if happen) can be bought.
Tomorrow I’ll give Western Union a go for payment. Never used it before.
Serge-project-leader said:
The workshop did not receive a Western Union payment code from you today

·
Registered
46 Posts
«Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker»/«What does not kill me, makes me stronger.»
Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm sorry that it happened.
PayPal is really better, more transparent and more convenient. But we working with what we have. That's project leader's choice - which means that it is pointless to criticize.

Something with (light) butthurt — that's russian style, hah 😂

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I would say using Western Union is a little more than frustrating...more like a royal pain...

I was being ironic.

What I realise now is for the UK you have to use the specific UK site otherwise it won’t work. But it will still let you try, and try, and try. I had to re-register with a different email. But then it remembers your old email...

Some cards don’t work either. No apparent reason why. The debit card I used was accepted after being rejected a number of times previously.

Text coming out different to what was typed was unusual.

There is more but I just can’t be arsed to go through it again.

I was finally left hanging with what I thought was a crashed site and given a telephone no. to ring which of course didn’t work.

Then out of the blue the next day I got an email saying everything was AOK. And it was. I think it was all a test...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Package from Slava (watches and watch boxes) reached the workshop.
A week ago, the workshop began to prepare metal for hands.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Package from Slava (watches and watch boxes) reached the workshop.
A week ago, the workshop began to prepare metal for hands.

I was a bit of a laggard with this but now I’m really excited. The shape of the blued hands and the white face are perfect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If this project got delayed as much as Sadko and the Zlatoust, I might've jumped in too...
It would have happened, but our leader (Sergei) came up with a clever trick: to use a serial model as a donor. Initially, we was planned to make a watch in 2-3 months, so it would have be, but epidemic...
It's much easier to make some parts and not do everything from scratch, but Sadko cannot use this way.
Potentially, Sadko is a more valuable project, I think.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’m in vacation.
Some info, but not extremely interesting:
Hands are (like) sliced. No photo yet. Maybe something wrong again.
According to results of making my hands on 3603, I asked workshop to "catch hundredths» (make precisely like at blueprint). At first they were indignant, now they say that they seem to be caught. We'll see.

I also know that the accuracy of the watch was checked.

I also know that the casebacks could not be opened without scratching the case. It's true. I thought only on my watch so crookedly the lid was closed, it turns out, at all. Slava's engraving is oriented incorrectly with respect to the shelves, so they were closed so that the engraving was correct and the shelves were out of place, not opposite the recess in the case for the tool. Therefore, to avoid damage and subsequent polishing of the cases, a special tool was made to open the lids.

The watch faces have not been printed yet as of Friday. But they sound calm, they say there should be no problems with this. We'll see. And the hands were going to be done in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What was the issue with the dial. I couldn’t work it out properly
It's "side project", not for us.
Some buyers ask enamel dial, but workshop can't make it. They can made real enamel dial (for old pocket watches, for example), but with rough surface — it's suitable for painting, not for printing (our dials with small detals need to print). As i know, Dekla (german watchmaker) try make smooth enamel surface for printing, but they have same problems. That's hard.

Workshop haven't made dials for us yet, but no problems with it: that’s simply technology, dial for 3603 test sample printed perfectly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Workshop says that they will finish cutting hands within a week (it was a little difficult to find a suitable cutting technology).
The first batch of dials are ready for painting and printing (cleaned, primed and that's it). Dial's layout in work.
Accuracy was checked, all watches is in tolerance, but there are "bad" ones. Slava says that watch was made 2-3 years ago and lay motionless. Correct solution would be to change the oil before accuracy test. Asked the workshop about it.
Dials and hands are expected to be ready by end of October. Hopefully finished watch will arrive in November.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some news:
  • a special tool was made not for opening the lids, but for removing the bezel (this watch need open through glass);
  • there is a problem with the lids: some watches cannot be opened at all without making a scratch. Master thinks what can be done;
  • the dial is almost ready to print (last edits for 0.01mm accuracy);
  • the oil in the mechanisms is good, accuracy can be adjusted.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts