WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a long time reader and first time poster on this forum and wondered if someone could give me a hand. I'm looking for a watch with automatic or mechanical movement along with chronograph and day/day complication. I'm not going to specify a budget as I'd like to get a picture of who produces such watches of said criteria.

I already know of certain Hamilton, Tissot, And Tag Heuers with such complications but wondered if there are any other manufacturers out there that produce along similar lines?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will get many helpful suggestions in response, but if you wish to get a sense of some watches that meet your criteria, I would suggest doing an internet/forum search for "Valjoux 7750" as it is a popular and well-regarded chronograph movement with day/date.

Cheers and good luck,
HBL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is likely well above your price range, but Omega makes a Speedmaster Day-Date:

omega-speedmaster-day-date-322050.jpg
You can probably get a hold of one for less than $2k used if you look hard enough. In the cheaper price range, there are tons of Valjoux 7750 based watches that fit your criteria. Full disclosure, the Omega movement in this watch is a modified Valjoux, not a true in house movt.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
You might take your header post and run it through the search engine on this forum to see other threads which address this question for more options.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Fortis does it well IMHO. Day and Date on opposite sides of the dial.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
O&W used to make this cool chrono

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will get many helpful suggestions in response, but if you wish to get a sense of some watches that meet your criteria, I would suggest doing an internet/forum search for "Valjoux 7750" as it is a popular and well-regarded chronograph movement with day/date.

Cheers and good luck,
HBL
This.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks very much for the suggestions. I am particularly interested in the Tissot PRS516 Auto Chrono.

I have two questions however after doing some research, Tissot appear to revise this model very frequently and there appears to be an extreme edition being launched next month. Does anyone have an idea exactly how often Tissot revises this particular model based on past revisions? I'd hate to spend £1000/$1500 on a watch only for it to be revised a month down the line which I would only end up preferring.

My second query is that this watch is going for £690/$1110 on The Watch Hut at the moment. The deal seems too good to be true however and have heard some very poor things about this dealer even though they are authorised? Does anyone know anything to the contrary? I've heard most of their stock is ex-display and returns mostly.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Can't/won't comment on the dealer either - BUT one of the most repeated phrases to those asking about buying online and /or used watches is "BUY THE SELLER".
If your research indicates a problem with a specific seller.................................well, it's your dime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts