WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New to the forum. I'm from Aus and am visiting Seattle and Vancouver soon.

Any suggestions on new/second hand lower/mid range watches shops I could check out?
(Seikos etc)

Would be good to see models not available in Australia!

Cheers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in Seattle. I don't buy locally because we're heavily taxed on sales purchases (10%).
My most recent purchase was made from my recliner where I ordered a Seiko Snowflake
from Tokyo. The watch was approximately $1500 USD less expensive than competitive
rates in larger US cities. I have no experience with neighboring Vancouver, BC.

Yelp dot com has several Seattle area suggestions. (my low post count does not allow links0

·
Registered
273 Posts
Try Otto Friedl in the Fairmont Hotel, 900 West Georgia St, Vancouver. You should see fair prices on pre-owned watches.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Seattle. I don't buy locally because we're heavily taxed on sales purchases (10%).
My most recent purchase was made from my recliner where I ordered a Seiko Snowflake
from Tokyo. The watch was approximately $1500 USD less expensive than competitive
rates in larger US cities. I have no experience with neighboring Vancouver, BC.

Yelp dot com has several Seattle area suggestions. (my low post count does not allow links0
awesome advice. thanks mate!

·
Banned
39 Posts
Hello OP,

A suggestion if you are going to buy in Canada, use USD as you might be able to get a reduction in price because the $USD is strong. I know some favor taking the $ because of this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello OP,

A suggestion if you are going to buy in Canada, use USD as you might be able to get a reduction in price because the $USD is strong. I know some favor taking the $ because of this.
Great advice, though it might be a bad idea watch shopping altogether as the AUD is so weak now.

thanks mate!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Watch Shopping Advice Seattle & Vancouver

Not sure what you classify as lower to mid tier, but in Vancouver downtown I suggest Time&Gold and the Omega boutique. You have price range and/or brand preference?

Edit: on the Seiko front it may be worth your time taking the sea bus and heading to north Vancouver. Hisao is very knowledgeable and always has some interesting pieces for sale:
http://www.internationalwatchrepair.ca/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts