WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
How about this?

JUST KIDDING. That's a picture of one of my watches filtered through a sketch program. I cheated.

But cool sketches!

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a cool effect to replicate.

Thanks, I've been really stuck on the autodromo prototipo, so decided to draw something similar but different. Its missing a lot of intricate detail, but thats hard free hand without measuring tools.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I think we could make this a wish thread with sketches/designs.
A good place for brands to take a peek and make our wishes come true!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
great sketches, op :D
as for me, i've been working on a dial design these last few days. while staring at omega seamaster, doxa and skx007 pictures, here's what i managed to came up with:

been thinking what it looks like the closest. does anyone know what it might be?
i call it "Vostok Seaman". the final design is "supposedly" the one in the middle but i'm still messing with it so yah, nothing fixed yet :p

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have always fancied MWC, hence the sister name brand (somebody took the domain name now though). I also made a dressier variation of the California dial

sydney-watch-co.jpg

Already filled half a sketchbook of dial designs and hands, and now moving on to case design. It's been more than a decade since I tried my hand in making engineer drawings.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should definitely be on a komandirskie or something else Russian

as for me, i've been working on a dial design these last few days. while staring at omega seamaster, doxa and skx007 pictures, here's what i managed to came up with:

been thinking what it looks like the closest. does anyone know what it might be?
i call it "Vostok Seaman". the final design is "supposedly" the one in the middle but i'm still messing with it so yah, nothing fixed yet :p

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Here's one I did a while back in SketchUp; my take on a Flieger B.

42mm Flieger.jpg

I've always found the B to be a little busy, so I uncluttered it a bit. Doing the minute/second markers was tedious, which is why I never got around to finishing those. ;)

Rusty

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
That flieger reminds of the Corvid for some reason. I like it.
I actually took the idea from lume shots of the Steinhart flieger.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

I've always found the B to be a little busy, so I uncluttered it a bit. Doing the minute/second markers was tedious, which is why I never got around to finishing those. ;)

Rusty
I was trying Sketchup the other day and I find it somehow lacking. Maybe I just have a steep learning curve. Or I should try learning Blender

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Should definitely be on a komandirskie or something else Russian
Definitely! it'll be in Amphibia 710 with ruler bezel. The watch itself is still somewhere in the middle of nowhere, tho. The Russian tracking stated that its been custom released but still cant find in Indonesian tracking sites. Gotta wait.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

View attachment 1484326

Rusty
..you know there is a reason why the "B"-version is a little bit more busy (B does not stand for busy ;) but for "Beobachtung"

sorry, only german: Beobachtungsuhr

Romain

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I was trying Sketchup the other day and I find it somehow lacking. Maybe I just have a steep learning curve. Or I should try learning Blender
2 different things in my opinion and the learning curve of Blender is quit steep too, I would even say MUCH steeper than for SketchUp.

Of course the results with Blender will be amazing if you know how to deal with it (and not comparable to SketchUp), so it also depends a little on what you expect as final result.

Romain

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Here are a couple of ideas I did in early project watch discussions - both trying to think of ways of doing GMT dials.

This one came from the desire to see double train tracks...

f71 GMT.JPG

...I love train tracks so why not two of them? :-! Also I love the larger divisions of 12 being cut into five in one ring and eight in the other.

This second one came when the f72 2014 project was still deciding what shape case to go for and I tried to show that a sporty dial could be done in a tonneau case:

sporty tonneau.jpg

My talent with MS Paint is roughly equal to my talent with a pen ;-)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Maybe if I create my own brand one day I'll make an homage to the 50's Doxa I'm wearing today...

That's the best you're going to get from me with only using a ruler for makeshift grid lines.

·
Registered
874 Posts

Looks VERY Good!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts