WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Watch Storage Cases.

54K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  solar g-shocker 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,:-!

I have a question for all of you. I have a growing collection of watches and need a storage case for my watches. Any suggestions? I have seen some of you cases in your pictures and saw one that was an aluminum brief case with foam cut outs to protect the watches. Does anyone know who had this case and where to get one?And how to make the cut out's nice and neat like in the picture?

Thanks,
ssnake71;-)

#4 ·
Hello Motorheaduk,:)

Your's was the picture that I had seen. How did You do the cut outs so neatly? I don't want to do a half @$$ job. I want it to look as good as yours. I will stop by Lowes today. Does the case come with the foam inside or was that something you had to purchase separatly?
One last question, where in lowes was the case located?

Thanks,:thanks
ssnake71B-)

#5 · (Edited)
The case is in the tool section with the other tool boxes. The first one I bought a couple of years ago came with foam on top and bottom. I bought another one the other day (Sad but true, I needed more space) and it only comes with foam for the bottom. Not a big deal for me. It have a section on top for tools. Great for spare straps or watch tools. The foam is practically pre-cut. Maybe 1/4" sections. So all you do is take a razor knife and cut out the sections. I cut 3 across and 4 down in mine. You can customize it up to about 29 watches. It's best to use a long bladed plastic box cutter IMHO. I don't think you can find a better deal. If I can cut the sections this neat, anyone can!! I use the pieces of cut out foam to strap the watches to.

#6 ·
Another solution is to build your own storage unit.

The one pictured is made of 3/4 inch thick solid oak (19mm metric). The watches are on foam cylinders that have a 3/4 inch solid rod that runs through from side to side. The ends of the rod sit in grooves, and they can be lifted out easily.

On the top row are G Shocks with batteries, second row Seiko chronos, third row Casio chronos, and bottom row Casio 200m divers. Not all of my Casio G Shocks are shown, as I have another unit of the same size that sits under Grow Lights....only Solar powered watches there.

The nice thing is that I can see all of my watches at a glance, and keep the straps fastened at the same diameter as my wrist. So my watches are in "training" and ready to be taken out and worn. Just another way to store my collection.

Attachments

#8 ·
norm said:
Another solution is to build your own storage unit.

The one pictured is made of 3/4 inch thick solid oak (19mm metric). The watches are on foam cylinders that have a 3/4 inch solid rod that runs through from side to side. The ends of the rod sit in grooves, and they can be lifted out easily.

On the top row are G Shocks with batteries, second row Seiko chronos, third row Casio chronos, and bottom row Casio 200m divers. Not all of my Casio G Shocks are shown, as I have another unit of the same size that sits under Grow Lights....only Solar powered watches there.

The nice thing is that I can see all of my watches at a glance, and keep the straps fastened at the same diameter as my wrist. So my watches are in "training" and ready to be taken out and worn. Just another way to store my collection.
Serious, norm... s e r i o u s.

#11 ·
Hey Ssnake,
The aluminum briefcase is great and cheap. I purchased mine for $20 at Home Depot.
Here are some pics of when I made my case. It's great, specially for solar watches since you can carry it into your backyard and charge them all at once, and it looks like something out of one of the Metal Gear games.:-D

Attachments

#13 ·
Bob,

As I (with both hands) pick my jaw up off the floor, I want to say I really like your case, but loathe that is from IKEA. It might be a Fight Club thing, but I just don't like them.

INCREDIBLE COLLECTION! You give Marcel, and I and just about everyone a bar to shoot for.

Neil

#15 ·
Master of G said:
IKEA has a nice displaycase you can hang to the wall:

Not sure if they are still in the IKEA collection but I think they are....

Cheers B:)b.
I have to admit that I did go and search IKEA for it. Bob, if you can find it again, can you send the link? Don't tell my wife! :-X
Neil

#16 ·
Hello Everyone,:-!

ssnake71 here and just wanted to let you all know that I went to Lowes and bought the tool case and it worked wonderfully. The foam padding is now perforated so you just pop out the correct size for your watches and it looks like it was professionaly done. I was able to fit 18 watches. I will definitly be going back for another case soon.

Thanks,:thanks

ssnake71B-)

#17 ·
Hi Ssnake.

Did Lowes carry the foam also? I wondered if the foam would be perforated, as some of the new camera cases by Pelican have that same feature.

Thanks,
Neil

#18 ·
I got a mail from a fellow G-Shock collector from Germany who is building a storage system where he put's the G-Shock's in place with magnets. I'm curious how that shal look like. I happen to have bought two Cruver crates for my new G-Shock's. Master of G, G-Master and Antman probably know what I mean (only now these were grass green, in stead of the red ones I usualy find:)).

Cheers,

Sjors

#21 ·
Master of G said:
PS, Sjors, ik denk at je met 8 van deze vitrinekasten een heel eind komt...hahahha
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

First I have to convince Eva, than I have to find a place...... I just bought 2 Curver boxes yesterday.

Eh, Ozzie, what happened? Too heavy magnets used for your Anti-Mag models :-D

Cheers,

Sjors

#22 ·
Master of G said:
Hi Neil, I searched their site and found this:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15561&catalogId=10103&storeId=9&productId=60979&langId=-22&categoryId=15645&chosenPartNumber=38047210

Thats the one, available in 3 colors...

Cheers B:)b.

PS, Sjors, ik denk at je met 8 van deze vitrinekasten een heel eind komt...hahahha
Hi Bob!
Yes, I think Sjors would need 8 of them also! At least, that's what I think you said there!

I'm trying to find that on the IKEA US site, but I'm not having luck...although there are a number of options on the site.

I've thought of trying to build my own, but think it'll be a fiasco, as it usually is when I embark on something like this. :-X

Thanks again!
Neil

#24 ·
Bob,

Awesome! Thanks! :-!

Now to find a place to put it! :-S

I'll have to send pics with it's all in place!

All the best,
Neil

#25 ·
javier1701 said:
Hey Ssnake,
The aluminum briefcase is great and cheap. I purchased mine for $20 at Home Depot.
Here are some pics of when I made my case. It's great, specially for solar watches since you can carry it into your backyard and charge them all at once, and it looks like something out of one of the Metal Gear games.:-D
Metal Gear...Ummmm....The original game of MSX computers of Konami.(Made in Japan).I am fan of MSX!!!

See my cartrigde original.1987.

I have a MSX2 computers of Philips.(The Metal Gear II in Msx its a Marvellous Game).(SD SNATCHER THE BEST GAME OF ROL!!!):gold

Attachments

#26 ·

Hi,

Here´s my case (same as the one Master of G has). Only difference is the color, which is silver. Mind you that the backplating is especially customized by yours truly!

P.S.: Yes Neil, it is I;-) ! Sorry for the late response, but nice to hear from you once again!

Sleep well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.