WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My collection of watches now are in line from 20-30, ranging from Seiko, Hamilton then to Tudor, Omega, Panerai and a Rolex.

I used a Barton watch roll, but found that the fabric liner had discolored my leather bands. Currently I have in a box with 12 cavities, some sharing space. I plan to wrap the watches partially with thin clear vinyl.

I have a pelican case that I plan to use to hold my higher priced items. Curious what other folks are doing? I see some custom solutions in the other forum.

When watches are not in your rotation, do you wind them or let them be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Hi

I like to have my watches handy, but it depends on the circumstances.

When I am working during the week in an office environment I will keep probably 6 Grand Seiko’s on winders and rotate them as I like. Of the other four one is a quartz and the other 3 are special occasion. So they sit and wait, but I can get to them easily if I fancy.

At the moment I am not in the office at all so my Pelagos is on the winder along with various lower end Seiko’s and a citizen. I also have a couple of G-SHOCKs and a Bulova that do not need winding.

For those I use a box with compartments that the watches sit in.

The important thing for me is that I can get to them easily. What’s the point in hiding them away. Out of sight out of mind. And I don’t want that.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Mine are unfortunately hidden away, inside travel cases which go inside a locked cabinet. We have too many random people in and out of our house, and even if my watches aren't particularly valuable or precious, I know too many people who have had things lifted from their homes.

000-Watch-Collection.jpeg

For the stuff currently being worn, I love these clear plastic jewelry pouches. They're stiff enough to offer some protection in case of being dropped, or being scuffed if I stick them inside a drawer or my bag or glovebox, and clearly they're clear so it's easy to see what's inside.

clear-PVD-watch-envelopes-6.jpeg

Someday I'd love to have mine out in a watch box, and I've been meaning to add a deadbolt to my closet, but just not the highest thing on my to do list.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a few 12 spot glass top cases and winders for 5. My manual winders i wind every morning, my autos that are in rotation stay on the winders. Don't forget, oil can settle in the movements if not used. They are intended to run 24hrs/day and be serviced every few years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine are unfortunately hidden away, inside travel cases which go inside a locked cabinet. We have too many random people in and out of our house, and even if my watches aren't particularly valuable or precious, I know too many people who have had things lifted from their homes.

View attachment 14203785

For the stuff currently being worn, I love these clear plastic jewelry pouches. They're stiff enough to offer some protection in case of being dropped, or being scuffed if I stick them inside a drawer or my bag or glovebox, and clearly they're clear so it's easy to see what's inside.

View attachment 14203789

Someday I'd love to have mine out in a watch box, and I've been meaning to add a deadbolt to my closet, but just not the highest thing on my to do list.
Can I ask where you get those?

·
Registered
102 Posts

View attachment 14203785

View attachment 14203789

Those jewelry pouches are a great idea! Thanks for posting that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts