WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've posted a few times regarding purchasing a watch strap for my de-ville. I first wanted the original Omega strap but now decided I'm not forking out $200, even if croco leather.

So I want the next best thing, doesn't have to be authentic Omega, can be croco but needs to be about 50ish dollars. I don't mind paying for the authentic Omega buckle as I can find them easily enough on ebay.

What source would you recommend to buy a strap that looks like this (the Omega in the PIC is the same one I have):

(Oh and if you think the strap looks like rubbish and you have a better suggestions, please email me picks and sources of purchase please).

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I was hoping someone would please reply:-(
Check out Hadley Roma straps. They come in genuine croco and leather croco print. Here is a couple of the leather croco prints. I started buying them after I ruined a real croco in less than a year.

- David
PM if you need the link

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My Monte Carlo by Hirsch came today. I was a little disappointed and it didnt have the wow factor, despite being a full alligator leather and was the most pricey among the Hirsch range. Overall, an alright strap that you can't go wrong. I got it from Walt at Lonestar watches. Despite that, walt's service is top notch.

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
straps are not my thing. eBay is as good a place as any. perhaps you should post this on the strap forum here.
I think it's fine here NSC. AM is not off topic,it is an Omega. I can post some of my topics in other places . I just feel more at home here because you are all ma dudes. John Wilson.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Check this Omega strap out:

Vintage Omega strap

I bought one of these for my 1965 CD 166.010 Seamaster and it looks great.

And the Hirsch Artisinal straps have a nice vintage look,

Fr. John+

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Hey AnonMoose, check out a company called Seivers. They supply my store in Melbourne with our generic straps made by a French company called Zuccolo Rochet & Cie or ZRC. The best part of all this is that their Head Office is based in Perth. Lucky you!:-! The Perth phone number is (08) you probably won't need that part, 9325 8822. You will easily find a calf-skin strap which has a croco pattern stamped into it to make it look like the real thing. Price will be around $70-$80 Aussie dollars. A little more pricey than fifty bucks, but then this strap will last you longer than 50 minutes.
Good luck and let us know how you go.

Scratch,

teeritz

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I think it's fine here NSC. AM is not off topic,it is an Omega. I can post some of my topics in other places . I just feel more at home here because you are all ma dudes. John Wilson.
at the time i wrote this there were on responses. on posting, one had come in. StrapUSeek is actually quite lively. one can always have the best of both worlds too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts