WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
b-) Hmmm... Markings and marking placements are the same as in the MTG-1000. Module number is 5011. I wonder how much difference it has from the 5022 module of the MTG-1000

·
Registered
747 Posts
the 8000 does not have a Timer, only the MTG has.

Sibe
:rodekaart They better have other watch function features (other than DLC, all-metal/titatnium and synthetic sapphire crystal) that the MTG-1000 doesn't have to offset the lack of CDT.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Wow, I don't care for that at all.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Wow, I don't care for that at all.
+1

That looks terrible. The 7500 was much better.
You're better off buying a nice Oceanus for half the price methinks. :think:
Casio need to get real with their pricing policy. DLC on titanium and sapphire ain't worth an extra $1600 over the MTG1000. :roll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
A little off-topic, but something I have always wanted to know.

What are the sale figures like on the MRG and Oceanus models in Japan?

Are they seen as a popular brand in their home market?

Do people commonly pay the MSRP?

Are the high-end Casio's considered to be comparable with the Citizens and Seiko's in the same price range?

Thank you!
-Quickstrike

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree with bluegum, 7500 looks much better.

My guess is that casio is having a dilemma between keeping the dial simple and adding more function.
Without LCD this is just not possible. But at the same time I know many people somehow think LCD is a bit informal and therefore not worthy of such a price. As you guys know casio is recently trying so hard to boost their products into higher class. The only way out seems to be putting more effort on stuff like DLC rather than functionality...:-x

and thx for the post stockae92,
I've been searching for pic of 8000b too, just curious how it looks like.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
here is another picutre (compilation) I have found.

Sibe
Notice the angle of all the shots in the collage are of a nature where you cannot see the grids in the subdials or the other goofy pattern few of us seem to care for. I'd hate to buy that online based on those pictures and get it home to only be dissatisfied.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Notice the angle of all the shots in the collage are of a nature where you cannot see the grids in the subdials or the other goofy pattern few of us seem to care for. I'd hate to buy that online based on those pictures and get it home to only be dissatisfied.
Yes, I hadn't noticed that in any of the official pics before, or at least no where near that extent. :think:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I tend to disagree with you guys, MRG8000 looks pretty nice to me.
Especially with the touch of red second hand, and sunburst solar dial,
but not a fan of the smaller 6 o'clock date window. All that being said,
unless 8000 has some newly improved functions, I just don't see
any reason for anyone to choose 8000 over 7500 other than the look,
with a price jump of USD$850.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
.... As you guys know casio is recently trying so hard to boost their products into higher class. The only way out seems to be putting more effort on stuff like DLC rather than functionality...:-x
IMO a combination of new technologies (like DLC for instance) AND functionality is the only way to go. the watch market is so saturated, that only new, improved and truly innovative technologies can open new doors. this is especially true in an age where cell phones become more and more popular and are often substituded for wristwatches. i read an articel a few days ago that 80-90% of todays teenagers never have worn a wristwatch in their life but almost everyone of them got a cell (or even more).

if casio is serious about the high-end watch market - and therfore the watch market in general - they have to stop making gimmicks and just gotta be better than the competitors. this could clearly start with a HUGE improvement of their poor lume on analog watches, for instance....

about the MRG 8000: I agree that the dial looks too busy, but at least the date window is sitting in the right place opposite to the terrible 4:30 position on the 7500 model. personally I wouldn't buy neither because I can't see the value for the money but this is with almost every watch above 500 bucks the case. I would spend a large amount of money on a very good watch, but its gotta be something really special then...

regards, holger

1 - 20 of 44 Posts