WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are taking a trip to NYC in several weeks, she will be attending a conference for 2 days so I'm on my own to explore the city and hopefully peruse some watches that I wouldn't normally have an opportunity to!

Please let me know if you have any recommendations on dealers that sell A. Lange & Sohne, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, FP Journe and the likes. I understand the store at the Waldorf Astoria has a good selection? Also is there anywhere I may be able to find Philippe Dufour or Voutilainen?

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Wempe, and Kenjo are must stops when in NYC.

Wempe
700 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10019
(212) 397-9000

Kenjo
40 WEST 57TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10019
and
40 WALL STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10005

I almost forgot:

Boutique Tourbillon
45 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's a place called Cellini i believe that i remember having some Lange's and IWC's and maybe some others, but its pretty small. could be worth checking out. may actually be two of them, and could even be at the Waldorf Estoria- but not positive about that.
should be a great trip!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the store advice, I always look forward to a trip to Manhattan!

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Breitling will be opening a Flagship store end of November on 57th street near Kenjo and Tourneau.
Stay away from Plaza Collectibles across from Carnegie Hall, used store with tons of used watch selection with horrible service,Extremely Overpriced with no papaerwork for watches.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Everyone, back from NYC! Here are the highlights from my watch tour

Wempe - great experience, tried on a couple of Glashutte Original Senator watches and the Lange 1. The GO Panomatic Date was my favorite of the day.

Cellini in the Waldorf Astoria - Tried on a Lange Datograph and a Moser Perpetual 1

Tourneau Time Machine - I dropped by the 4th floor and tried on a Vacheron Chronograph. The sales person was turned off when I started speaking about Glashutte Original, and tried to inform me that they are not popular watches. I've never had good experiences in any Tourneau

Kenjo and Boutique Tourbillon - I just window shopped

Dropped into the AP Boutique and found myself really drawn to the Royal Oak Dual Time.

Went to some delicious restaurants in the East Village, Tribeca and Mepa, bought some shirts on Wall Street, felt out of place in Bergdorf Goodman, walked Central Park, hit up a few exhibits at the Met, caught a Broadway show, lunch at Carnegie Deli, had soup at the Original Soup Man, long subway ride out for a family dinner in Queens, walked probably 30 km's, overall really good trip

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
38,584 Posts
:think: I wonder if that twit at Tourneau knows that there're an AD for GO.
Hi Everyone, back from NYC! Here are the highlights from my watch tour

Wempe - great experience, tried on a couple of Glashutte Original Senator watches and the Lange 1. The GO Panomatic Date was my favorite of the day.

Cellini in the Waldorf Astoria - Tried on a Lange Datograph and a Moser Perpetual 1

Tourneau Time Machine - I dropped by the 4th floor and tried on a Vacheron Chronograph. The sales person was turned off when I started speaking about Glashutte Original, and tried to inform me that they are not popular watches. I've never had good experiences in any Tourneau

Kenjo and Boutique Tourbillon - I just window shopped

Dropped into the AP Boutique and found myself really drawn to the Royal Oak Dual Time.

Went to some delicious restaurants in the East Village, Tribeca and Mepa, bought some shirts on Wall Street, felt out of place in Bergdorf Goodman, walked Central Park, hit up a few exhibits at the Met, caught a Broadway show, lunch at Carnegie Deli, had soup at the Original Soup Man, long subway ride out for a family dinner in Queens, walked probably 30 km's, overall really good trip

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
91 Posts
haha! sounds like an amazing trip though, Portauto. i've had very good experiences and Wempe and Cellini, and similarly poor ones at Tourneau
(although i had one quite good, if short, tourneau experience in the boston area)

favorite part of your trip?
favorite watch?? :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
i actually just took a similar trip today.

favorite store: cellini in the waldorf astoria-- incredible selection of Langes, as well as Moser, de bethune, and other smaller brands.
the other cellini is very nice as well, although smaller. both stores had incredibly friendly and helpful staff

as opposed to my previous trip to Wempe, the man that helped us this time was very unfriendly. continuously gave me suspicious looks for no reason, and seemed as though he was about to kill my friend who was suffering through a cold.

my favorites for viewing of the day were probably the Lange Zeitwork, as well as a Journe-- which i have been dying to see in person for quite a while now

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. You need to post pictures if you took any.
Very enjoyable! Though I wish I had known there was a Journe boutique up Madison Ave, that would have been my first stop as I've never seen one in person

I didn't take any pictures of my watch tour, I would feel strange bringing a camera into a high-end AD ;)

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Very enjoyable! Though I wish I had known there was a Journe boutique up Madison Ave, that would have been my first stop as I've never seen one in person

I didn't take any pictures of my watch tour, I would feel strange bringing a camera into a high-end AD ;)

Kindest Regards,
Portauto
Not pictures of the watch stores, but pictures of your trip in general.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How is the Journe boutique? Next time in NYC, I was thinking of making a point of visiting since I think his watches are very cool, but if the boutique sucks I won't waste my time.

Oh, and for pastrami I'd definitely do Carnegie over Katz or 2nd Avenue. That said, I'm a sucker for the sable at Barney Greengrass.

·
Registered
38,584 Posts
<| Katz, 2nd Ave = |>, now on 33rd, right off of "Toyty Toyd and Toyd".
How is the Journe boutique? Next time in NYC, I was thinking of making a point of visiting since I think his watches are very cool, but if the boutique sucks I won't waste my time.

Oh, and for pastrami I'd definitely do Carnegie over Katz or 2nd Avenue. That said, I'm a sucker for the sable at Barney Greengrass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts