WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have been o| trying to decide on a new winder. I sold my old one to Andy awhile back and haven't been able to decide on one. If money was not an issue it would be easy. I just have a hard time justifying paying $1000+ for one. I would really like to buy one that would wind a minimum of four and prefer it to wind eight. I have found:

Orbita (3 watches) for $900
Rapport ( 4 watches) for $599
Steinhausen (8 watches) $299

Does anyone have a winder that they are extremely happy with and would recommend?

:thanks

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
OK, I have been o| trying to decide on a new winder. I sold my old one to Andy awhile back and haven't been able to decide on one. If money was not an issue it would be easy. I just have a hard time justifying paying $1000+ for one. I would really like to buy one that would wind a minimum of four and prefer it to wind eight. I have found:

Orbita (3 watches) for $900
Rapport ( 4 watches) for $599
Steinhausen (8 watches) $299

Does anyone have a winder that they are extremely happy with and would recommend?

:thanks
I have a Wolf single winder and I like it a lot. I think its at least two years old, maybe older. It's been running constantly since my wife bought it for me as a gift and no problems so far.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I have six from ABest. I purchased them through The Watch Prince. com. As far as I can see he is and WAS (key word WAS) the only dealer in the U.S.. No fancy wood but I keep mine in the safe anyway. Tons of settings. Fully adjustable and AC or DC. Oldest one is about 1 1/2 years old and knock on wood (none on the winder); So far so great. Good luck, Troy

They run around $95 each I think.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Oh yea! If you check out Orbita's site you can find the recommended settings for most watches. Cheers, Troy

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi Scottie,

I have the Steinhausen (8 watches) $299 ... it is okay. Been running it for about 3 months now. The only issue I have with it is that you need to balance out the watches ... what I mean is put watches of the same weight on each rotating disk. Each disk holds two watches and if they are of different weights it doesn't rotate very smooth. But balanced it works fine. For the price I thought it was a pretty good deal and does keep them running fine.

John M

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Scottie,

I have the Steinhausen (8 watches) $299 ... it is okay. Been running it for about 3 months now. The only issue I have with it is that you need to balance out the watches ... what I mean is put watches of the same weight on each rotating disk. Each disk holds two watches and if they are of different weights it doesn't rotate very smooth. But balanced it works fine. For the price I thought it was a pretty good deal and does keep them running fine.

John M

I have one of the cheap 29 bucks, 49 bucks for shipping of of the bay, it holds 4 watches, and is fully adjustable, its been going for two years...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Scottie,

John M
Thanks John. That is very useful info. So would you go for something different if you had it to do over again?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Tried a couple of Orbitas, they never worked well...

they had a difficult time with heavy dive watches. I talked to their CS folks and they half way agreed that large heavy watches may not work well on their stuff.
I hear Wolf makes some good equipment: collectors say that the bay is the best place to get them.
DW

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Re: Tried a couple of Orbitas, they never worked well...

they had a difficult time with heavy dive watches. I talked to their CS folks and they half way agreed that large heavy watches may not work well on their stuff.
I hear Wolf makes some good equipment: collectors say that the bay is the best place to get them.
DW
Thanks David. Your info could have just saved me a considerable amount of money. I may have to strike orbita off the list. All my watches are divers (except the deco). Mostly Doxa's but I will have two Orsa which are big chunks of steel. The weight factor could pose a problem.:thanks

Does anyone know anything about these: http://www.monacodesigns.com/produc...p?Category=WatchWinder&Series=EIN&SubCat=Quad

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Well, I took Ty & David's advice to heart and went with a Wolf Winder. I picked this one up and it should be here in a few days. I'll let you all know what i think after having it awhile. Thanks to everyone for the advice, info & suggestions :-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
905 Posts

Hi Scottie .. sorry I didn't get back to you sooner ... Would I buy one again ... most likely because I could not find any other winder that would hold 8 watches for that price. As for now it is still running fine just have to balance things out.

But I am interested in the winder you did get can you either give more info here like cost, number of watches it holds, etc. Or you can PM me the info. I might be getting somemore watches and it would be nice to get another winder.

BTW I have 4 Doxa divers, 1 deco, 2 woman divers currently in my winder.

John M.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi Scottie .. sorry I didn't get back to you sooner ... Would I buy one again ... most likely because I could not find any other winder that would hold 8 watches for that price. As for now it is still running fine just have to balance things out.

But I am interested in the winder you did get can you either give more info here like cost, number of watches it holds, etc. Or you can PM me the info. I might be getting somemore watches and it would be nice to get another winder.

BTW I have 4 Doxa divers, 1 deco, 2 woman divers currently in my winder.

John M.
PM sent John :thanks

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Re: got my fingers crossed that it does the job for you!

I have a Wolf single winder and I like it a lot. I think its at least two years old, maybe older. It's been running constantly since my wife bought it for me as a gift and no problems so far.
I just got my Wolf winder today. I have to say, very nice quality. It does seem that they stand behind their product as well. For me, the sleep mode is a great feature. My first impression is that this winder was worth the money. Thanks for the valuable info guys.:-!:-!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I have two winders that wind 2 watches on each head. With two Doxas on one head it strains a bit but it has to be balanced. I would recommend single watch heads for the heavy dive watches such as Doxas.

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts

I just got my Wolf winder today. I have to say, very nice quality. It does seem that they stand behind their product as well. For me, the sleep mode is a great feature. My first impression is that this winder was worth the money. Thanks for the valuable info guys.:-!:-!
Jason...How many will it hold?

Scottie...Did yours ever come in?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Scottie...Did yours ever come in?
Yes, I received mine. It was LNIB. Very nice. It came with 2 large cushions and 2 small cushions. I needed 3 large cushions...........called Wolf and they are sending me one at no charge. Also, the center winder was acting a bit goofy and they told me to try it for 24 hrs and if it didn't correct itself they would replace the rotor at no charge. Wolf knows that I bought it second hand and still fully back their product. They never asked for details like date of purchase, receipts, or anything.........they just take care of any problems with basically no questions asked. BTW, the center winder appears to be working fine now. Doxa & Wolf = great product and great customer service IMO:-!:-!:-!:-!.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Scottie .... do you know the largest number of watches they make a winder for? But I'm sure that they really get pricey ... Do you have their website handy? I'm a bit itred tonight and just don't feel like doing a search if you all ready have the info.

Thanks

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Scottie .... do you know the largest number of watches they make a winder for? But I'm sure that they really get pricey ... Do you have their website handy? I'm a bit itred tonight and just don't feel like doing a search if you all ready have the info.

Thanks
http://www.wolfdesigns.com/

Ty, it will hold 2 watches. So I can wind 2 watches and wear 1. 3 out of 17 isn't bad, right?? I looked at several higher end winders that would wind more watches. I just couldn't justify spending as much for a winder as it would cost for a new watch. So I got this 2 watch winder and a case that holds 12 from Wolf.

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
http://www.wolfdesigns.com/

Ty, it will hold 2 watches. So I can wind 2 watches and wear 1. 3 out of 17 isn't bad, right?? I looked at several higher end winders that would wind more watches. I just couldn't justify spending as much for a winder as it would cost for a new watch. So I got this 2 watch winder and a case that holds 12 from Wolf.
How do you like the watch case? I have a Wolf case that holds 6 but the things that you strap the watches to, aren't large enough. They don't secure the watches. If you have to move the case, they rock back and forth in their slots. The build quality is great, I just wish my watches fit better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts