WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so I'm 18 now, and I have some money(about 2 thousand euros) to buy a good watch. I'm looking for a dress watch, 38-42mm with a white dial(date is not a must).
I couldn't find something I like and I hope you guys can help me out. Maybe some brands and models? The only ones I liked until now are from Tourby.
cache_14697766.jpg
cache_20081010.jpg

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Steinhart Marine 38mm or Melbourne Watch Co."Portsea Triple Date"(due out very soon)& you'll have plenty of $$$ left over for another watch(maybe something sporty to complement it)!

Attachments

Reactions: kissmywhat

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Something from Nomos or a Max Bill

Already suggested, a marine style watch may be a good fit for what you are looking for. There are quite a few options out there. Not going to list, as I don't usually keep track of this style of watch.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Alright, so I'm 18 now, and I have some money(about 2 thousand euros) to buy a good watch. I'm looking for a dress watch, 38-42mm with a white dial(date is not a must).
I couldn't find something I like and I hope you guys can help me out. Maybe some brands and models? The only ones I liked until now are from Tourby.
..could you give some more hints on what you like? :think: I mean, 2000€ is more than many people on the affordable forum ever spent on their entire collection, so why isn't there a single Seiko, Orient, Tissot, Certina, Hamilton, Victorinox, Mido, etc. that you like? They all make watches with white dials..

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Nomos Club Automat 753 can be found with some diligent searching around your price. Dressy but with a bit of a sporty vibe as well.

Check out Stowa, Longines, pre-owned Grand Seiko quartz, or vintage Grand Seiko automatic, Muhle Glashutte ... all kinds of possibilities that you'll have to narrow down.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,311 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
..could you give some more hints on what you like? :think: I mean, 2000€ is more than many people on the affordable forum ever spent on their entire collection, so why isn't there a single Seiko, Orient, Tissot, Certina, Hamilton, Victorinox, Mido, etc. that you like? They all make watches with white dials..
Well...I already have a Seiko, an Orient, a vintage Pobeda/Raketa/Slava and a Parnis. But now I have enough money for a "low-end luxury" watch. So...why not?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Well...I already have a Seiko, an Orient, a vintage Pobeda/Raketa/Slava and a Parnis. But now I have enough money for a "low-end luxury" watch. So...why not?
Don't get me wrong, it's you money and you can buy whatever makes you happy. Seriously. It's just hard to come up with any suggestions if the requirements are "any white dial ~40mm watch under 2k€". If there are no other things to consider and you look for a luxury watch, you could buy an Omega Seamaster AT (quartz) for ~1900€.

om492_im.jpg

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well since this is the affordable forum I would suggest finding a real nice white dial Timex, Seiko... for <200 and investing the balance in a sea side property.........
Sorry just my bad sense of humor!! ;-)
Good Luck / Cheers p

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
(for the second time) Well since this is the affordable forum I would suggest finding a real nice white dial Timex, Seiko... for <200 and investing the balance in a sea side property.........
Sorry just my bad sense of humor!! ;-)
Good Luck / Cheers p

·
Registered
181 Posts
$2000 Euro?
Your 'affordable watch' is definitely different from my 'affordable watch'.

·
Banned
3,400 Posts
18 year old with 2K Euro to spend on a wrist watch and asking here at the affordable forum, am I right? My first reaction is to want to tell the OP to GTFO of here but I can't do that, so I won't.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Why all the hostility? If you can't come up with a suggestion how about not commenting at all instead making rude comments.

OP, this isn't my wheelhouse as I don't wear dress watches but I'm sure the finer members of the forum will have some suggestions for you.

·
Banned
3,400 Posts
Why all the hostility? If you can't come up with a suggestion how about not commenting at all instead making rude comments.

OP, this isn't my wheelhouse as I don't wear dress watches but I'm sure the finer members of the forum will have some suggestions for you.
My suggestion was clearly to GTFO of the affordable forum with his 2K Euro budget. He is 18, he'll learn that there are many here that work their asses off and an SKX is considered a grail watch. Try the high end section then.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
My suggestion was clearly to GTFO of the affordable forum with his 2K Euro budget. He is 18, he'll learn that there are many here that work their asses off and an SKX is considered a grail watch. Try the high end section then.
When did the members of f71 start suggesting anyone to GTFO? Regulars here are usually a cut above. It's like I'm in public forum.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts