WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I love my Seiko Tuna Emperors (SBDX011,014) - they are my fave watches - and on my 8.5" wrists look good (although my wife says I have a cup and saucer on my wrist) - I have only ever seen 1 guy wearing a Tuna - a tourist here in Oxford, wearing a Darth on a light blue ISOfrane.

But in all my years interested in watches I have not seen another person wear a Tuna - of any model, vintage, Baby etc.
In part this is due to them not being available in the UK until very recently - but still.....

What watch do you love to wear, that is well known on the forum, yet you've never seen another in the wild?

simon

IMG_4759.jpg

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Tunas I do occasionally see over here in Hong Kong, not even counting mine and those of 2 friends.
However, despite their being sold here in several places with at least 2 dedicated boutiques, I did not yet see anyone sharing my interest in Rado watches !

I also don’t expect to encounter another fave of mine: Damasko in the wild, but that is normal for small internet focused niche brands. There is no shop selling then here.

And I have seen I think only one other Nomos over here, except the one of a lady friend. There are a few shops carrying Nomos.

Mainly you can see all the usual suspects.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
I've never see anyone wear any watch I've ever had/have in person. Only on WUS or other watch sites.
^^ This.

Well, technically I own an old, broken Casio F-91W and I've seen plenty of those in the wild, but that's the only exception.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I like the optimism of the topic creator, in assuming more than 10% of people out there have some kind of analog watch on their wrist and furthermore, of those 10%, there's actually a possibility that someone else is wearing your watch.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I don’t think I have ever seen someone in real wearing most of my watches lol, save the G-Shocks and a couple of Seiko SNK’s. It’s a hard question when people around you only know DW, Fossil, Michael Kors, and other fashion brands. Not that I dislike them, I do own a few Fossils. Really I can’t think of any others than the above-mentioned G-Shock and Seiko.

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My colleague wears a RADO as their daily:)

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and what a beauty the beast is

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You gotta live in hope

·
Premium Member
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brother - those are so rare I've never even heard of them - but they are beautiful - like firmament at night with a red moon and a bird of paradise

·
Registered
176 Posts
I’ve only seen people with two of the same *brands* that I own, Tag and Omega, but definitely not the same watches. Of the more *traditional* brands, I have an Oris, a Zenith, and a Sinn, and I’d be absolutely shocked if I saw anyone else wearing those brands in the wild, to say nothing if they had the same model I do.

·
Premium Member
71,325 Posts
In all the years of wearing a watch I’ve only ever seen one guy wearing the same watch as me. A bloke at work had a DJ as well but it was a different colour to mine so mot sure if it counts.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
seen ‘em on TV & pics but never IRL. Was trying it on at an AD, got a very good price but had to get to work. Told the AD that I’d be back later. Got to the job site, and my local colleague was wearing one.

Of course it looked amazing b/c he’s a really cool guy with 8 inches of manly wrist, and it made me delay getting it for 4 more months. I love it but is it a keeper? The jury is still out ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 74 Posts