WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, what watch does not currently exist but is on your fantasy wishlist? For example, mine is a re-edition of the Heuer Autavia GMT updated with the Calibre 02 GMT movement.

The 1960s-1970s era inspiration for the watch:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

A detailed discussion of the piece exists here: Detailed Review: Autavia 2446C GMT (and Standard Autavia 2446C) « On The Dash

How about you guys? I'm sure 5 years ago, everyone would have said a ceramic Daytona chronograph (we see how that went) or a steel Pepsi GMT (ditto).

·
Registered
423 Posts
I know Rolex won't do it, but a 100% 1 to 1 36mm re-issue of the Explorer 1016 but with their latest movement would sure catch my attention. Given that Rolex abandoned this design 30 years ago I wouldn't mind
a really good homage. No none of the homages of the last 20 years were fully successful. This 1985 era lovely borrowed from HQ Milton.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hamilton Electric Altair and Meteor slightly larger with modern movement.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know Rolex won't do it, but a 100% 1 to 1 36mm re-issue of the Explorer 1016 but with their latest movement would sure catch my attention. Given that Rolex abandoned this design 30 years ago I wouldn't mind
a really good homage. No none of the homages of the last 20 years were fully successful. This 1985 era lovely borrowed from HQ Milton.

View attachment 15048855
Totally agree. Or at least offer a 36mm version of the current Explorer I. Won't happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
My wish list tends to center around a brand that loathes to recreate past watches.

The Albino GMT is probably top of my list

A Milgauss with the honeycomb dial from the 6541

The one that everyone expected at the 2019 Baselworld but got the P01 instead and may actually be done:

The Tudor Sub w/ Snowflake hands

·
Registered
616 Posts
GENERAL COMMENT : More watches in the 38mm to 40mm range in ceramic and/or titanium...or both :)

#1 ROLEX: I'd love an Explorer in polished Ti...if Rolex pulled their finger out and make the old 5 digit sub case again...and did it in Ti or ceramic..that would be an add.....Omega is doing a nice job with these materials.....

#2 GRAND SEIKO: It would also be A+ if Grand Seiko could make their divers in a 40mm-42mm size....and thinner. Quality of GS is insane, but the sizing keeps me at bay. Also...please do a sport version (including lume) with the Spring Drive that isn't a GMT...

#3 BLANCPAIN: Blancpain Fifty Fathoms in 40mm as a normal offering and not as a $$$$$ Limited Edition...I'd even like a Bathy in 40mm.....38 is visually too small because the bezel shrinks the face so much and 43 is just way to big for me :(

MONEY: What I'd pay? I'm OK up to $10k...then I start scratching my head and thinking of all the other stuff I can do with that amount of cash....but if I like something A LOT and it fits...that's a combo that's hard to shake...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I wish grand seiko would put some attention into their chronographs like they've been doing to a lot of their other watches. I want to like the their chronos, but I just can't get into the styling. Something maybe 40mm or so and without the GMT function. I've got some time, so hopefully within the next 2 yrs they'll put some attention into their chronos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
mechanical watches with accuracy similar to Seiko spring drive.
That is a tough ask. While many Omega METAS, Patek Seal and Rolex inhouse Superlative Chronometer (as well as a variety of other random movements) will run within the stated +/- 1 SPD of SD movements it is very rare for one to run within the actual precision of most SD movements. The use of quartz to time a movement is just so precise compared to a balance wheel/ hairspring it produces a near insurmountable obstacle that the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

Reactions: mleok

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10
5,752 Posts
Cut and paste from the last time I answered the same question. Hopefully Sinn is watching this time!

My perfect watch would be the Sinn EZM 10

with the simple dial of the Sinn EZM 1 (or later 1.1),

and a few tweaks like no date, 12-hour bezel, same colored pushers. Until that happens (and I doubt it will materialize), the EZM 10 will do.

Oddly, my perfect watch is not my favorite watch. My favorite is the IWC Porsche Design Titan chrono from the magical decade of the 1980's, when this whole watch disease started for me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Reissue of UG Polerouter (tons of models, I know). Some rich watch enthusiast to buy the brand from whoever owns (sits on) it and reissue exact models of the Polerouter.

·
Registered
16,356 Posts
In stainless, sans date, thank you . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The use of quartz to time a movement is just so precise compared to a balance wheel/ hairspring it produces a near insurmountable obstacle that the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.
maybe for you, but it is to me. If I would be happy with COSC limits I'd still own my old Sub that I sold in 2003 and haven't bought a mechanical watch since. I know people here claim frequently that they get 1-2 spd from various mechanical watches, but before I'm ready to put down $5-10k on a mechanical I don't want to be the unlucky one that gets the one on the limits. And since I wore the Sub for 22 years before selling it, I'm not that interested in buying another Sub, even if today's version is accurate to within 2spd.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.