WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have tried fitting a 24mm watchadoo bracelet onto an SBBN007? I contacted Watchadoo, and they said that the brushed 22mm bracelets are currently out of stock. I kind of like the idea of the 24mm bracelet, as I think it would go well with the substantial size of the case. I was thinking of just getting the 24mm band and filing off a little bit from each side. If anyone has done this mod, do you have any pictures/wristies that you could post to give me an idea of how proportional it looks?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,599 Posts
If you read the Watchadoo 101 I wrote up in the reference area the 22mm and 24mm are the same bracelet except for the end link. Get the 22mm and you will get the same end result and won't have to file for an hour. so you'll get the same width.

Here are the photos of the 22mm and the 24mm and then the one on top of each other. As you can see they are the same:

22mm comparison to 24mm Watchadoo (24mm on Ocean 7 LM-7)

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
If you read the Watchadoo 101 I wrote up in the reference area the 22mm and 24mm are the same bracelet except for the end link. Get the 22mm and you will get the same end result and won't have to file for an hour.
+1.

You also might want to take a look at Harold's Anvil. They come in 22mm, and you can also get a four hole Seiko-stamped clasp (it may or may not be an original Seiko clasp...I sort of doubt it, but it doesn't matter much to me).

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
File the ends on a new bracelet? ouch! I rather go with upstandingcitizen's sugestion and get the Anvil. The Anvil looks just like the Watchadoo and comes with the Seiko clasp as mentioned. Do your Tuna right and get what fits. What if you put all that work into filing and it comes out uneven. Now you got a bracelet that looks stupid on the Tuna. And now your pissed that you are out of the money besides time invested too. Leave the filing chores to the pros like samanator and v8. I wouldn't attempt it myself.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
+1.

You also might want to take a look at Harold's Anvil. They come in 22mm, and you can also get a four hole Seiko-stamped clasp (it may or may not be an original Seiko clasp...I sort of doubt it, but it doesn't matter much to me).
I have the 22 Watchadoo and it looks great. I look at the new Tunas and much prefer the watchadoo vs the expensive Seiko bracelet with the ratcheting extension that I bet probably nobody has used diving. If I was getting it new today I might get the Anvil, both look great and wear great :-! Sorry no photo of mine yet. I need to get busy and get some shots of my current collection :roll:

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,599 Posts
File the ends on a new bracelet? ouch! I rather go with upstandingcitizen's sugestion and get the Anvil. The Anvil looks just like the Watchadoo and comes with the Seiko clasp as mentioned. Do your Tuna right and get what fits. What if you put all that work into filing and it comes out uneven. Now you got a bracelet that looks stupid on the Tuna. And now your pissed that you are out of the money besides time invested too. Leave the filing chores to the pros like samanator and v8. I wouldn't attempt it myself.
Just to be clear the 22mm and the 24 mm Watchadoo are the same bracelet just different end pieces. No filing required if you just by the 22mm for the Tuna. The only time filing is required is to fit the 22/24 for the wider bracelet end on say a monster since the 20mm end piece does not fit in the 22/24 watchadoo. Now if you prefer the Seiko logo on the clasp then the Anvil is a better solution.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
As an alternative, I just purchased a bandfever bracelet from the bay. They come in 20mm, 22mm and 24mm. A review is here, along with pros and cons as compared to a Watchadoo......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.