WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks to Frogman for listing a bunch of watchband vendors a while ago in this posting.... https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=95519

I've seemed to run into a little trouble finding bands that are a little longer. In browsing Frogman's list, I found two that have a good selection of longer bands, and they'll catagorize them by length, which sure makes it easier to shop - weeding out the stuff that won't fit before I start shopping- those two are:
thewatchprince.com
watchband.biz

This has been a help to me, just placed a couple orders. Thanks again Frogman, you relentless poster.b-) Best, John

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Wow John, you got it bad. Like I said earlier, buying straps is kinda like getting a new watch. Plus, you can usually get about 10-12 straps before the SO catches on to the total price paid and raises hell. New watches are 1 for 1. - David

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow John, you got it bad. Like I said earlier, buying straps is kinda like getting a new watch. Plus, you can usually get about 10-12 straps before the SO catches on to the total price paid and raises hell. New watches are 1 for 1. - David
Hi David. She's a pretty good sport about this stuff - including listening to things that are of interest to me, but not so much interest to her. There's a saturation point on that though... and a little trial and error for me on sizing and taste in bands and deployants. I think I'm getting up to speed though....

And returning to domestic harmony, we're just now off to a Cajun restaurant...wouldn't have thought we'd have one of those here in the Heartland.... Best, John

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a rather lengthy list on my watch links page...

First, thanks to Frogman for listing a bunch of watchband vendors a while ago in this posting.... https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=95519

I've seemed to run into a little trouble finding bands that are a little longer. In browsing Frogman's list, I found two that have a good selection of longer bands, and they'll catagorize them by length, which sure makes it easier to shop - weeding out the stuff that won't fit before I start shopping- those two are:
thewatchprince.com
watchband.biz

This has been a help to me, just placed a couple orders. Thanks again Frogman, you relentless poster.b-) Best, John

I have a rather lengthy list [of bracelet/strap vendors] on my watch links page.... Of those vendors, the one I go back to again and again for XL length straps is Ron Sabo/International Watchman. He has an entire section of XL and Short straps on his website [click on the "International Watchman link on my links page] and his bracelets are fairly long too, best of all his prices are incredibly low and he has a modest $45 minimum order. Buy a strap or two and a Spring bar assortment,

[Priced at $19]

and you're above that fairly easily...

Remember that after the bracelet/strap, the only thing holding your watch to your wrist are a couple springbars:
home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/tip_spring_bars.html

So it's always a good idea to have a steady assortment/supply of new springbars on hand.

Tell Ron, I said "Hi!"...

Chuck

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I have a rather lengthy list on my watch links page...

Just looked at your watch & horology page Chuck. Wow! Thanks for the tip. Best, John

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hey Trojan,

im also looking for another strap. to be honest it's much harder than getting a watch. and not cheap those straps they are. :think:

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Having small wrists is no treat, either. Around a 6-3/4" wrist, a lot of straps wrap around so much that it creeps up the far side of your wrist. I've purchased so many straps that I think are going to be my perfect strap, but they turn out to be annoyingly long.

I just purchased a Di-Model Oregon from Bob at mywatchmaker.net.

photo courtesy of Bob.

I'm obsessed with finding the perfect, simple black leather strap, and this one looked great...and it is. It's an excellent strap and just what I wanted. Except, it's uncomfortably long for me.

The search continues. Good luck with yours.

eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts