WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an itch to buy an EZM3. I've heard horror stories about Watchbuys customer service. any current
opinions and experience? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
From my experience with Watchbuys it wasn't very appealing in dealing with them.

Two years ago I was looking to purchase a Sinn 757 and called them. The representative on the phone had an attitude like he was doing me a favor during our discussion. They didn't have the 757 in stock but they would order it for me. I asked what the price is and his response is he would let me know when it comes in. :-s I said to him, "So I'm supposed to purchase a watch from you and not even know the price I am going to pay"? He said, that is the way it is. I said, "no thanks".

I ended up purchasing my 757 from a German Sinn dealer on Chrono24.com. The transaction was very smooth.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have an itch to buy an EZM3. I've heard horror stories about Watchbuys customer service. any current
I've purchased 3 watches from watchbuys. All of my transactions and follow-up requests for customer service have been stellar. Additionally, every time I called them, I found their representatives very knowledgable and cordial.

I bought an EZM3 and it arrived with a faulty clasp. I called Watchbuys immediately, and they sent me a replacement clasp within 24 hours. They were even kind enough to include a few extra links, which I didn't need, but it was a nice gesture. In return, they asked me to ship them the clasp, which they forwarded to SINN HQ for R&D on the fault.

I would not hesitate to buy another Sinn from Watchbuys. It is very nice having a domestic dealer available for minor warranty claims, even if you might need to send your watch to SINN HQ for major repairs.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've picked up two Sinn's from there, and they've been extremely helpful both times. I've talked to them on the phone, and they've been friendly, and they've responded to any emails I've sent them promptly. I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I've never bought anything from watchbuys, but I HAVE had some interaction with them. I wanted to buy a 20mm Sinn rubber strap with large deploy to put on my Marathon TSAR. I saw that they were out of stock, so I sent them an email asking when they would have more. I also made the mistake of saying I would be putting it on a TSAR.

The reply email from them was curt and only said "We do not recommend putting that Sinn strap on a watch it wasn't designed for."

I replied saying: I didn't ask for your opinion, I just want to know when you'll have the strap back in stock.

Amazingly, I never heard back from them :)

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
the very first time, they actually told me to buy the watch first, and then once the "points" hit my account, go back and buy the rubber strap with the points.... which is what i was going to do in one shot and would've ended costing me more cuz i didn't know about the points, back then it was $120 for the rubber strap and i got it for $40.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Vintage guy,

I've not heard any stories about Watchbuys - horror or otherwise.

I purchased a Sinn 403 Hydro (the original oil-filled model) from them, oh, must have been about 8 years ago. I had no problems with the transaction. It went very smoothly. Last year the battery died. Because it's oil-filled, it has to be returned to Sinn for service. I contacted them to see if I return it to them to send to Sinn or if I should return it myself. They replied quickly with good instructions on how I could return it myself to Sinn for the service. As far as I'm concerned they're okay!

Regards,
Jeff.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I bought a nomos from them awhile back. No bad customer service experience to rant about but the pricing is on the higher side.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
2 sinns no trouble. always fast shipping and good communication via email. they would email me back on wknds and at night...

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
I have had nothing but good service from watchbuys. I have bought new Sinn watches from them and will again. They could not be nicer to deal with. I recommend them highly. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've purchased 3 watches from watchbuys. All of my transactions and follow-up requests for customer service have been stellar. Additionally, every time I called them, I found their representatives very knowledgable and cordial.

I bought an EZM3 and it arrived with a faulty clasp. I called Watchbuys immediately, and they sent me a replacement clasp within 24 hours. They were even kind enough to include a few extra links, which I didn't need, but it was a nice gesture. In return, they asked me to ship them the clasp, which they forwarded to SINN HQ for R&D on the fault.

I would not hesitate to buy another Sinn from Watchbuys. It is very nice having a domestic dealer available for minor warranty claims, even if you might need to send your watch to SINN HQ for major repairs.
I, too, had a clasp problem that they promptly replaced and did not request the old one (I did however send pictures of the faulty clasp and that was all they needed for proof).

I've purchase 3 watches (2 have been flipped) and 2 straps from them and all transactions went very smooth. They answered all my questions patiently, professionally and accurately.

I would not hesitate to buy from them again should the opportunity arise.

I've also had 2 other warranty issues that were handled uncommonly fast by RGM (their authorized service location for Sinn).

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts