WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great time at their show yesterday. I had always wanted to look at some Sinn's and the was my chance. It was very well run and I would recommend attending if they come to your town.

Just a few pictures - they probably had 50 or so watches on hand...

20160603_171920_resized.jpg

20160603_170744_resized.jpg

20160603_171556_resized.jpg

20160603_171552_resized.jpg

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
You can't buy at these correct? However, you can order from them? How's the prices? I know they run some good sales occasionally.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's right - there are no sales at the event. You can try on the watches and then buy online. The marked prices were the same as on the Watchbuys website for the ones that I checked out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was there, too. The whole thing felt very illegal: meet a strange man in the lobby and then go up to a suite at an upscale SF hotel to look at watches. And the lobby guy thought I was a guest and handed me a glass of champagne. It is illegal to refuse a glass of the bubbly in SF on a Friday, so I had to do it.

I liked seeing the collection, including the Junghans and Fortis pieces. I was only bummed that the Basel release Pilot Sinn was not there. There is always next time!
Full disclosure: I already have two Sinns: a U1 and an older Lemania 5100 142 spacelab chrono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had the opportunity to see the Metro 38 Datum Stadtschwarz next to my Metro Datum Gangreserve. I really wish I could afford another Nomos!
IMG_2968.JPG

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
No Sales on SINN by Watchbuys.......none in last 4 years. They do on some other brands they carry.

You can't buy at these correct? However, you can order from them? How's the prices? I know they run some good sales occasionally.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I just got back from the SF Road Show. Here are my thoughts and impressions:

First, I joined in a long conversation with Rob and others about the watch industry. He’s very knowledgeable and has toured many of the companies in Glashutte. I won’t go into detail as I don’t want to misquote or misrepresent him. He discussed how most “manufacture/in-house” brands are not truly manufacture and outsource many or even most parts, including critical movement components, finished cases, etc. Nomos, for example, is far less manufacture than I previously thought. On the other hand, SUG produces at least one case for A Lange & Sohne. This is probably common knowledge to most WIS, but Rob could take it a step further: company X here gets its case from company A and hands from company B, and company X only finishes these components…

The selection of Nomos on display was disappointingly thin, but they did have the Metro, which was stunning. I haven’t seen one picture that adequately captures the effect of its curved crystal. Some watches just need to be seen, and seeing the Metro made me consider getting a dress watch for the first time in a long time.

It was great to see some of the smaller, hand-finished German brands. There was a Dornblueth & Sohn which I would never have considered had I not seen it in person.

A huge selection of Sinn, of course. Most looked much better in person.

Thanks to Rob and crew for the roadshow. There’s no substitute for seeing watches in person. If there was a brick and mortar store nearby that sold every watch I was ever interested in my collection would probably look far different than it does today.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was there yesterday. Indeed, a very private and almost museum-like experience, except you could touch anything you wanted (of the watches, of course :)
My favourites were the Sinn doppelchronograph, U1 Camo, and Nomos Metro whose movement looked conspicuously similar to that of one of the Junghaus (wink).
All in all, a well-organized and a well-presented show. Thanks, Watchbuys!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I was there yesterday. Indeed, a very private and almost museum-like experience, except you could touch anything you wanted (of the watches, of course :)
My favourites were the Sinn doppelchronograph, U1 Camo, and Nomos Metro whose movement looked conspicuously similar to that of one of the Junghaus (wink).
All in all, a well-organized and a well-presented show. Thanks, Watchbuys!
I did like the Nomos in dark blue at the hotel suite. I also like the bell and Ross regulateur pilot, but 48mm is way to large (clown territory)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts