WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on Watchbuys' waitlist to buy an Arktis 203 w/bracelet; I received a call earlier today from Watchbuys advising me that the 203 Arktis model is being retired. Given the success of this model, I find this difficult to believe. Is Watchbuys correct?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I dunno but there's a guy selling a lightly used one on the tz sales forum at a good price I almost bought, but I didn't because I prefer my 103. You might check it out.

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,041 Posts
I have been on Watchbuys' waitlist to buy an Arktis 203 w/bracelet; I received a call earlier today from Watchbuys advising me that the 203 Arktis model is being retired. Given the success of this model, I find this difficult to believe. Is Watchbuys correct?
I expect Sinn would tell their dealers first, but model 203 ARKTIS
is still shown on the Sinn web site. I guess we will have to ask
Sinn to confirm it.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
652 Posts
Email Sinn and find out.

But Watchbuys has the Arktis on a strap that's supposed to be "in stock." Sure it's a bit (or a lot) more to buy the bracelet separately, but at least you'll have the watch.

Personally, I'd love to have one of the Ti Arktis versions, but I'm not that crazy about the V7750 movement (versus Lemania 5100's), so it's not a priority "get" or me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This would be especially surprising since this was Sinn's facebook cover photo a mere week ago:

(would seem odd to put a big splashy marketing photo like that up for a discontinued watch)

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's a beautiful and functional watch. I love mine. It does seem odd that they would discontinue it, as I would imagine it would have to be a good seller.

Reactions: Robertus

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Here's proof, the 203's are now in the archive section and not in production.
Sinn Uhren: Modellreihe 203
Stoked I picked up a specimen of the 2012 Arktis Titan now.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I ask my watchmaker in Germany, and she confirmed it: the entire 203 series has been discontinued. You can only buy what is still available with dealers. Maybe we can expect something new, better and way more expensive to take the Arktis place....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts