WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for posting several items from my visit to the Seattle Omega Boutique today, but a bunch of things happened there, and they seemed of potential interest to very different audiences here.

As I posted on the other threads, I went in today to pick up my Ploprof from service. I happened to be wearing my Watchco SM200 SHOM on Isofrane, and as you might expect, it created quite a stir amongst the staff.

The Asst. Manager who greeted me noticed it almost immediately, and said 'Wow! you don't see many of those!', and asked about the unique-to-him combination of SHOM case and Ploprof hands.

The watchmaker who helped me with my Ploprof did a literal double-take when he came to the desk. He's clearly used to glancing at what customers are wearing, but then moving on. He also said, 'Wow, you don't see a lot of those!', and asked about the details. I offered him a closer look, and he actually put on his loupe, and spent a minute or so giving it a very close look, finishing with 'what a cool and unique piece!'

They both seemed amused at the idea that it's really a DeVille with some aesthetic modifications using alternate Omega parts. :)

Neither seemed inclined to seize and destroy it, for those concerned with that question. b-)

The watchmaker also really liked the Isofrane - he said 'Very cool! I just saw one of those on another watch that someone had brought in.' He then looked at the Ploprof I had just put on, and said 'Oh! I guess it's you!'. Clearly he'd noted and liked the Isofrane when he worked on the Ploprof a week or so ago enough to notice and remember when another one appeared in front of him.

In any case, it felt great to be wearing something that stops Omega staff who work with and handle everything Omega has ever made on a daily basis dead in their tracks - Thanks WUS and Watchco!!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Good story. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Great story mate! Gotta love those watchco pieces :-!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts