WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I posed this question once before, a year or two ago, in connection with the Nike FuelBand.

(I ultimately found the Nike cool and helpful, but ultimately a bit too bulky and inflexible to wear all day every day. It also, for some reason, aggravated a recurrent patch of eczema I tend to get on the inside of my left wrist in the winter. )

I long since switched to FitBits and recently it a FitBit Flex , which is worn on the wrist.

So, for any fellow tracker users (FitBit Flex, Jawbone Up, FuelBand, etc.) a question. Do you wear your tracker on the same wrist as your watch or on the opposite wrist? Why?

I started with the Flex on my dominant (left) wrist. I wear my watch in my right. It is comfortable enough to wear on my dominant wrist, but I am not sure I love the look of having stuff on both wrists. Today, I experimented with the FitBit on the same wrist as a G. And, even if that works, it may not work with a more formal watch.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I don't know what is activity tracker, but I think it looks great.

I like it when people wear a watch and a custom bracelet on the same wrist, either left or right. Not metalic bracelet, but rubber or custom made ones, I think it kinda makes the watch stand out more. I personally don't like to wear anything else then a watch on wrist, but it looks great on other people :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I wear them on separate wrists. I have tried wearing both on one wrist, but ultimately it's just cumbersome, especially with shirts.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Up until about 2-3 months ago I was wearing the fuel band on opposite hand for less bulk, I ended up selling the fuelband I felt it didn't conform to my wrist. I did try the band and watch on same hand and I didn't feel any different I just feel weird having 2 things on one wrist and nothing on the other. How flexible is the one your using?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Up until about 2-3 months ago I was wearing the fuel band on opposite hand for less bulk, I ended up selling the fuelband I felt it didn't conform to my wrist. I did try the band and watch on same hand and I didn't feel any different I just feel weird having 2 things on one wrist and nothing on the other. How flexible is the one your using?
The band on the FitBit Flex is very much like a resin strap on a G-Shock or a Timex only narrower. It is slightly asymmetrical to accommodate the little tracker -- which is actually slipped inside a sort of hole on the inside of the band. It is lightweight and comfortable -- particularly in comparison to the FuelBand.

Is there really an "after market" for FuelBands?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I have used Fitbit Flex since released. It came with two sizes of band, and it's very light, soft, & comfortable.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wear them on separate wrists. I have tried wearing both on one wrist, but ultimately it's just cumbersome, especially with shirts.
Well, i will likely go back to separate wrists. We will see how this experiment goes.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I just got. Jawbone up and so far the opposite wrist

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
On the opposite wrist for me; nothing is allowed to mess with how awesome my tsunami is :p
I've been wearing the same fitness tracker for a month or so. Personally I don't find it all that useful.
I was a bit enthusiastic at first - I input activities, calories consumption, and water intake...etc.
Now I am just too lazy to care. Sure it tells me how many hours I slept last night and how many steps I took everyday.
But I don't really know what to do with those data anyway... and I have to remember to recharge the tracker once in four days or so, which is kind of a hassle.
The only useful feature to me is the silent vibration alarm.

DSC07307.jpg

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I find the step counter motivating at least some of the time and the silent alarm useful. I don't use the sleep tracker enough to have a sense of whether that data could be useful.

I track calories, water, etc via other means -- so I don't use my Flex for that.

All told, I do like it thus far.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I like mine as well, I just sort of find myself forgetting about owning it haha.
And my biggest problem with it is it doesn't track cycling! Every time I cycled I had to manually input the info - and I cycle a lot so it's very inconvenient.
Just out of curiosity, do you shower with yours on? It's claimed to be shower-friendly (or even swim-friendly) but the way the sensor fits into the band does not invite confidence...

I find the step counter motivating at least some of the time and the silent alarm useful. I don't use the sleep tracker enough to have a sense of whether that data could be useful.

I track calories, water, etc via other means -- so I don't use my Flex for that.

All told, I do like it thus far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts