WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been looking for a vintage Vostok to add to my collection of watches, however, I'm still a bit iffy on how to tell the difference between a franken watch from an authentic one. I've been looking at watches on ebay being sold by the "Russian Federation," however, I can't seem to find anything positive or negative about the seller online. If any of you guys can help me answer this, that would be great!

·
Registered
41,183 Posts
I have an 'Aviator' I bought 10 years ago, good watch for the price; $204 incuding shipping. The logo brings to mind, 'Flying A Gasoline'.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Go to the Russian forum they will also point you to the right people to buy from. I own a few Russian pieces and are great watches esp the Vostok(Boctok)

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
No absolutely not.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Don't take all peoples experience buying a watch stop you from buying all you need is the right info before buying, thats why I said ask the Russian forum they are some good sellers from Russia

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm still a bit iffy on how to tell the difference between a franken watch from an authentic one.
With all due respect, I can't figure out what you mean by trustworthy. If we are talking about whether the Russian watches from the Soviet times reliably show the time, the answer is clear - yes, they do. If we are talking about whether you can buy authentic watches Vostok, the answer is also very clear - yes you can. The only question is what exactly do you mean by authenticity. The original watch, assembled at the Soviet factory 50 years ago, or serviced watches assembled from donors, which in Russia have preserved tens of millions of pieces, in full accordance with the originals. It is here that differences are possible. And characteristically, authentic watches that have been sunk in dusty boxes for decades and have been put on sale, in Russia are less valued than the licked Frankenstein, with the original dials and hands without loss, picked from donors.
Сoncerns sellers, then here you can rely on this forum, and find seller with reputation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't take all peoples experience buying a watch stop you from buying all you need is the right info before buying, thats why I said ask the Russian forum they are some good sellers from Russia
Thank you all for your responses, I will keep all of this in mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts